LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: rip-off lanzarote
Posted by: kat ()
Date: March 23, 2004 09:38PM

Hello Ann. Thanks for your comments which are very helpful. A lot more helpful than some postings here! In my experience people who eat nut roast are never happy anyway. But I digress. I was just wondering if I could ask you to recommend a sound car hire company. I dont really want to go through reps etc, but I would like to hire a car to see the whole island. I hope you dont mind my asking, thanks in adavnce. Kat

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ann Leneghan ()
Date: March 24, 2004 12:34AM

Hi Kat

I can as it happens. My Boyfriend used to work there,but he's taken a year's leave of absence, well for some.

I digress they are called Rent a Car Anthon and are based in PDC. However they deliver to Airport and wait to meet your flight and then you just drop the car back to the Airport. Or if you want they can also deliver to your apartment or hotel.

Email them on anthon@anthon.com or book on line www.anthon.com

Tell them Ann & Leo sent you.

Let me know how you get on.

Ann

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: March 26, 2004 10:36PM

DoYouSpain.com very good reliable company we have used several times now.Pick up at the airport and drop back at the carpark on the way home-hassle free.

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: March 27, 2004 02:20PM

Glad to be of help Simon.This company only started last year,I don't think they actually have any vehicles of their own,they contract out to Record.But I had a telephone conversation with a nice guy called Jose who reassured me that they get good dicount from Record for introducing customers which is passed on to us.We have used them 5 times now and never had a problem.The Record agent will be waiting in the arrivals hall for you,they take you over to the carpark and we were on the road in no time.

Posted by: Glynis ()
Date: March 27, 2004 05:56PM

Hi folks
We 1st went to Lanzi in summer 2001, went again in summer 02 & 03 again Jan 04, going in April & booked for July. Can't you tell we love it. Always stayed in Costa Teguise.

I think I have now worked out that if the information states kitchenette you only get 2 hot rings. If you want a full kitchen because you are into cooking (not me I'm afraid) then stay at Pecatello (Sands Villas is same place). There you get oven, 4 ring hob, microwave & dishwasher.

We find eating out is very reasonable & rarely go for English. If we wanted English we would stay at home. There is an excellent restaurant opposite Los Malinos (can't remember the name but think Blue is in the name, I will check it out when we go on 19th). A lot of locals eat there late in the evening when they have closed their businesses which to us is a good recommendation. The free drinks at the end of the meal come in a decanter & you can have as much as you want. If you want brandy, which I always have, it is served from a warmed bottle, you can drink as much as you like, but you only pay for 1.
Can't wait for the 19th

Posted by: donald stewart ()
Date: March 27, 2004 09:43PM

HI Deb
Myself @ my daughter will be visiting costa teguise at the end of september 2004 it will be the second year in a row we've been to lanzarote, never been to costa teguise before we stayed at matagorda the last time,
@ visited pdc,los pocillos,arrecife,we done the timmenfaya tour @ the trip to fuerteventura. We had a great time @ thaught the island was brill,we are staying at the paradise club apartments @ would be grateful for any information you have on the apartments @ any noteable places of interest. And what is the name @ address of your bar as we are scottish(EDINBURGH) @ would pay a visit.

DONALD STEWART

Posted by: cazza ()
Date: March 28, 2004 11:39AM

going to lanzarote end of april with views to look for property to buy for renting out would be grateful of any contact numbers or advice.

Date: April 14, 2004 09:16PM

hi there
we are off to puerto del carmen in july we have been 3 times before
we are staying in the caleton blanco hotel self catering we were wondering if any one has any reviews on the hotel, also it has been a couple of years since weve been to lanzarote we have 3 kid and were wondering how much it costs to eat out if any one can email me with some info thanks

Posted by: Mark Bellew ()
Date: April 26, 2004 12:07PM

Rachel/ALAN

I have to contradict what you have stated about the poor choices to 'scoff'
in Lanzarote. There is a multiitude of good eating establishments and numerous good Restaurants on the isle especially in PDC. I cannot comment on CT but can only say OPEN YOU EYES FOLKS AND SHOP AROUND

Also prices are fair i think for Swally (alco..)

Everyones entitled to their opinion...goood or bad i suppose...

Smiling Assassin

Chaio

Posted by: bren ()
Date: April 28, 2004 04:04PM

I have just returned from a last minute deal staying at Hotel Galleon in Costa Teguise. As it was cheap I didnt expect much and that is what was on offer - not much, so I wasn't disappointed. However, this will be the last el cheapo as I want a bit of luxury at my time oif life (over 40)!! Usually el cheapo hols means staying in a 3 star apartment. I am now going to either book a private apartment/villa and flight only or stay in a 4 star for the simple reason that 3 star accommodation attracts the yobbo element!! Not that I am a snob but we had swarms of kiddies staying at Galleon as it was Easter and they were all playing on the kiddies play area at midnight most nights, our room overlooked this courtyard and the noise echoed all around. Several people ended up shouting at a 'father' chasing his kids at 11.30 pm as we were trying to get to sleep (I have an 8 year old and I certainly would not have him up at that time of night all hyper!!) The bar was right next to the play area so the parents were boozing while the kids ran wild!! Also not everyone is interested in the hotel's 'entertainment' ie parrot shows and Karaoke! I noticed that 4 and 5 star hotels have piano bars and Folk Lore shows, much more to my taste. Really 3 star accommodation is for people who like Working Man's Club entertainment and who have armfuls of tatoos!! Not exactly my idea of Paradise and certainly no lazing by the pool with a good book with all the shouting going on ie Yorkshire accent - Gerrower ere naaa else I'll tan you!! Hell more like!! We had 2 electric rings, a microwave and fridge and 2 small cooking pans.

Posted by: allan ()
Date: April 28, 2004 07:59PM

Hello Bren.....

I think your description of the Lanzarote"experience" matches ours.For those who have not followed our string please go to the original posting. Next time we will be using 5 star......see you there, but not in Lanzarote...like a spoonful of castor oil.......once was enough!

Allan the Informer and Rachel the Spam Witch

Date: April 28, 2004 08:58PM

Hi to Bren!!!

Bren have a look at my posting on our "PRIVATE APARTMENT" in Puerto del Carmen, THE PRICES ARE VERY CHEAP!!!! BUT the accommadation is "FIRST CLASS" !!!! We have spent a lot of money having the apartment fully refurbed!!! The area is a mixture of "PRIVATE VILLAS, APARTMENTS, HOUSES AND BUNGALOWES ETC. There are "NO YOBBOS ALLOWED IN OUR TRANQUILL STREET!!!!" (you can here a pin drop!!)
We fell in love with "LANZAROTE, Puerto del Carmen", and after a lot of reasearch etc decided that we are eventually moving over there to live, we are only still here due to the "kids finishing off college/uni etc".
We are 1 OF 8 APARTMENTS ON A WONDERFUL LITTLE COMPLEX, AWAY FROM ANY NOISE ETC, BUT ONLY 8/10 MINUTES DOWN TO THE MAIN BEACH/PROMENADE.
I have information/pictures etc that i will post out to you or anyone else that would like more info on our apartment, we have a manager/cleaner etc who are in charge of things in LANZAROTE.
I also send out info packs to people who book, explaining how to get to the apartment from airport, maps, bar/restaurants weve found good etc,etc.

Posted by: BillandPam ()
Date: April 29, 2004 12:52AM

I think Allan & Rachael are really "The Modern Parents" from Viz magazine brought to life.

Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: May 07, 2004 11:24PM

Hey Lanzafan

Fellow vegetarian thinking of holidaying in Puerto Del Carmen. How easy/difficult is it going to be? I would be grateful for any advice.

Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: May 08, 2004 10:32AM

Simon

Your very helpful! As long as I know I can get something is all that matters so I don't need to pack food with me (I find it a pain!). As a veggie used to making do but sounds as if it should be fine.

Thanks again

Fiona

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum