LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
1 Parent & 2 kids in late Jan
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 29, 2003 03:39PM

To any helpers?
I'm travelling from Ireland with my two children (12 (girl) & 9 (boy) to Costa Teguise in late Jan'04 for a week, staying at Puerto Tahiche. First time to Lanzarote. Having read the 'web reviews' it seems this could be heaven or hell, although - as it's a much needed holiday - we'll being go out to enjoy ourselves!

Bit concerned that we're very 'out of season' & may not (?) see too many people like us about - I don't want the kids to get too bored during the day / evening (with dad).

Anyone (in kinda similar circumstances) been out there (recently) and have any useful tips and suggestions - what's not available (ie what to bring at this time of year), what is available?

Comments very welcome. (But please - don't send me horror stories folks?)
Ross (40 'and a bit')

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 Parent & 2 kids in late Jan
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: January 03, 2004 01:37PM

We went to Costa teguise in August, and all had a fab time, myself, husband, our 9 yr old boy and little 1 yr old boy. Had a fantastic time. Lots of pubs to choose from. We went most nights to Columbus Bar, just in the square, down to left of everything else. It has a pool table, music, cheap beer €1.30!! and quiz and kareoke. We had lots of fun and the staff are very friendly.

If you are going to go on trips, try the fire mountain it is a must. Had a fantastic time there, very interesting.

Very jelous that your going in January! Wish we were. Have a great time, i know you will.

Melissa

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: January 03, 2004 02:11PM

Melissa again,

we went on the south tour to the fire mountain. Thought it would be better than just the fire mountain tour as it including lunch in a small village, a tour of el golfo and the vineyards on the way home. Nice full day. We went to Aqua park too. Had lots of fun there, it is small but again had a good full day there. The market in Teguise is very busy (Sunday's) We did enjoy ourselves, lots of bargains - some rubbish too, but it is huge, so if you go, wear sensible shoes!

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: January 04, 2004 02:39PM

your going to puerto tahiche right? well its brill. im 14 now (13 when i went in early oct) & my sis is 9 & we had a fantastic time we was always at the kids club (i mainly helped) twice a day (except sunday) & we went to the disco EVERY night! your 9 year old son will definately love this. for your 12 year old girl theres karaoke across the road in bull dog bar (& many other places) & she can join in with the clubs & disco to! with the club you'll sometimes go on outings to the beach or the shops etc etc & for you theres activities like archery, skittles taget practice & water polo. oh & on a night theres bingo & shows like grease & the disney show. be warned the kids may be signed up to participate in the disney show & you may be signed up to be a t-bird in grease!! the pool water's cold by the way!! enjoy yourself i know we did & were going back this year!! have fun
sandy xx

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: January 04, 2004 03:04PM

oh & another thing the pool floors are quite slippery especially the pool nearest the reception as it has a sloped walk in bit. so be careful. you can also buy hotetur things from the piano bar like lilos t shirts caps etc.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum