LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Mid January weather
Posted by: Lady Sarah ()
Date: December 30, 2003 11:53AM

Can anybody give me a realistic idea of weather temperatures in mid January? We are staying in Playa Blanca and I need to know whether or not to pack woolly jumpers!!
Many thanks
Sarah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mid January weather
Posted by: Sarah ()
Date: December 30, 2003 07:08PM

Hiya

we're goin to Playa Blanca on 1st january. Where are u staying?

I would also like to know the answer to your question!

x

Posted by: Louise Lloyd ()
Date: December 31, 2003 09:17AM

We are also off to Lanzarote (1st Jan) will be our third time. First year weather was brill, last year we had some rain. The temperatures will be warm during the day, but will cool at night. I'm not taking a wooly jumper - just a cardi!

Posted by: michelle ()
Date: January 01, 2004 06:52PM

we have just returned from papagayo arena playa blanca. the weather was warm most of the week, and quite hot when the clouds broke but cloudy the last 2 days even so you could still wear shorts etc during those days . the evenings were obviously cooler and cardigans neccessary if sat outside but still Much warmer than here.

Posted by: Thomas ()
Date: January 03, 2004 10:56PM

We returned from PB on Xmas day and I was very surprised by the weather - it was fantastic. Usually on a two week break, you would expect to have at least one or two days of rain but it was bone dry.

Temperatures were hovering around 21-24C during the day. There was little cloud cover and when the sun was out, it was hot. It was perfect sunbathing weather and it was shorts and teeshirt all the time.

Admittedly, Jan will be a little cooler than in Dec but I don't think you will need woolies. A this sweater/sweatshirt will do. One thing to watch our for though. The late afternoon temperatures, say anything between 16:00 to 18:00 does drop a bit (change in winds/air pressure??) and you do feel a chill but it soon warms up again in the early evenings.

michelle wrote:

> we have just returned from papagayo arena playa blanca. the
> weather was warm most of the week, and quite hot when the
> clouds broke but cloudy the last 2 days even so you could still
> wear shorts etc during those days . the evenings were obviously
> cooler and cardigans neccessary if sat outside but still Much
> warmer than here.

Papygayo Arena
Posted by: Lucie ()
Date: January 28, 2004 12:55AM

Hi Michelle

Can you tell me what the hotel was like???

Was the food good, or will we be looking to eat somewhere else???

Are the pools warm??

Would be really grateful for any information that you can give us, we fly out on the 5th February.

Hope to hear from you

Lucie

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum