LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Mobile phones
Posted by: AT ()
Date: January 02, 2004 07:03PM

Does anybody out there know whether mobile phones from the UK work in Lanzarote?
I have a NOKIA phone model 5210 .
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mobile phones
Posted by: Dave ()
Date: January 02, 2004 08:23PM

Yes they do, but calls cost more depending on your network.
I think vodaphone is cheapest as they operate in the canaries.
If you make a local call out there , I think - it is charged to you as an international one to the uk, then back again !

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: January 04, 2004 02:28PM

it should work if the phone is dual band i took my nokia 8310 last year & it worked (cos its dual band) i was on o2 & got movistar this year im going there but i got a new phone on orange & i dont know if its dual or tri band. it also costs rather a lot to text & ring. cos i went for 2 weeks with 10 pound on my phone texted once ar twice a day & my money had gone by the 9th day!! so be careful!

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: January 05, 2004 04:07PM

Be sure to contact your Network operator prior to travelling to enable roaming. Then ask your Network operator for a list of prices. You pay for all incoming calls as well as outgoing calls. Texting is the best option!!!! If you have voicemail set up on your phone it is best to cancel this before you travel abroad....infact cancel all the diverts on your phone!! Whilst abroad it will cost you to retreive your voicemail messages even if they are normally free back home!! If you do wish to retreive messages you will need to have a PIN number set up on your phone before you go!!!!! T-Mobile customer services offer extremely helpful advice and guidelines and all networks are now bound by guidelines to avoid excessive charges.

Posted by: dave ()
Date: January 12, 2004 06:06PM

I have a Nokia 6100 (Tri Band) and am on Vodafone. Works fine, but there again, so did my old Panasonic

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum