Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Vodafone shop in C Teguise or Arrecife
Posted by: terrymargate ()
Date: April 05, 2008 11:11PM

Hi

Can any member please tell me the address of a vodafone shop in Arrecife or Costa Teguise please.

I want to visit there and hopefully purchase a spanish usb sim card modem + simcard for reasonably priced internet access.

many thanks in advance

Terry

Re: Vodafone shop in C Teguise or Arrecife
Date: April 05, 2008 11:33PM

The usb dongle modem.

I have a vodafone uk one, but it has limited of 50MB per day when overseas and also costs 13 euros per 24 hours

I visit Lanzarote often so it will be cheaper for me to buy a spanish one (their site says 39 euros per month internet only or 49 euros per month internet and calls, tho not sure what the calls part means.)

Terry

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 06, 2008 04:44AM

Pete! Where HAVE you been hon? Missed you around these parts! Hope life is treating you well. When are you back on the rock?! I posted a message in miscellanea to this effect.

Terrymargate - very sorry but have only rolled with ISDN via Telefonica - please do pop back to this forum and tell us your experiences...

If it helps ( even slightly)... if you have yur back to the Gran Hotel in Arrecife... then head diagonally right... and on the opposite side of the road is a Telefonica shop, which should be able to offer you "movistar" PAYG contacts for your computer. good luck hon!

Elle xx

Date: April 06, 2008 12:11PM

Thansk for the response

Moviestar seem quite a bit more expensive than vodafone for internet.

I did read on this forum that vodafone stores were common in Lanzarote. Please can you tell me if this is the case (although I only need one store, don't mind travelling across the isle as only small smiling smiley )

I'm having real trouble finding any addresses for them

thanks again

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 06, 2008 03:14PM

Yes, Terry, Vodafone shops are plentiful (not one in Playa Blanca anymore though). I can't offer an address... they're one of those places you just spot on your travels.

Glad you're ok Pete - not sure about the property market... The banks have made it harder for new people to get mortgages (due partially to this exchange rate stuff). And places aren't shifting that well. Something's got to happen soon surely.

Elle xx

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: April 06, 2008 04:56PM

There is a large Vodafone shop just as you go into Arrecife.

Take the circunvalacion from the airport into Arrecife. You will then come the traffic lights that you have to eiher go right or left. I personally turn left there and then find somewhere to park. Get yourself back to the traffic lights on foot and turn left as if you are going into Arrecife. The shop is on the corner of the first road on your left. The buganvillas commercial centre is on the opposite corner if you know that. Another landmark is the big shoe shop on the opposite side of the road.
The telephone number is 928 803 375 but they are a bit limited on their English so probably easier to actually visit in person.

Hope this helps

Lynne

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: April 06, 2008 04:58PM

BTW - The address is Calle Jose Antonio but don't know what number.

Date: April 06, 2008 05:45PM

perfect, many thanks, will fire that into my satnav

Date: April 06, 2008 06:24PM

thanks again smiling smiley

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: April 27, 2008 04:39AM

You could also try the moviestar shop to check out for sure in Playa Bastian..next door to the French crap Windmill rest at the back of Los Molinos.

harry

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum