Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Airport transfer
Posted by: jonpum3 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 04:09PM

Hi,

Four of us will be flying to Lanzarote. We're staying in PLaya Blanca.
Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost? or any other better methods of travel?
Regards
Jon

Re: Airport transfer
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 05:16PM

Taxi will be about 35E but sometime queues depending on how many flights arriving at once....

Hire car will cost 100E so you've virtually paid for it once you take into account taxi fares. Driving is nice and easy too!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 07:57PM

Will's right - the price is still around €35 return.

Try also www.canaltravel.co.uk They're a little pricey - but at least you won't find your driver pulled over, fined a couple of grand, and having his car conviscated whilst you're left there with your cases. (Another one from PB was done this week).

Cracking link that, Simon - and one I've bookmarked for elsewhere. But I couldn't find Lanzarote in their drop down list? Am I going blond or blind?

Elle xx

Posted by: jonpum3 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:12PM

Thanks everyone. I'll check that link and also car hire prices.
Hablo luego amigos.
Jon

Date: April 12, 2008 02:09PM

I am such a tw@t! Either that or I need to get more sleep lol.

Yup... Arrecife is in the list.

Yup... meant to say €35 each way.

Yup... I need committing!

Doh!

Elle xx

Date: April 12, 2008 02:22PM

With a nice white van with flashing lights? Can I wear that nice jacket that has the straps at the back again?

Elle xx

Date: April 13, 2008 07:34PM

Not all are innocent pete - which is why they have been cracking down on it. But as with so many things, occasionally someone gets caught in the crossfire.

Elle xx

Date: April 13, 2008 09:56PM

I know 2 people personally who have been fined. One deserved everything he got. The other one though absolutely was innocent. They'd had friends staying with them that they had known for donkeys years. No money exchanged hands... and this was exactly as I described. Fortunately his car was returned, and his fine was greatly reduced upon appeal. Examples are being made. Hopefully it'll sort itself out - and innocents won't be fined for "unlicensed transport".

Elle xx

Date: April 14, 2008 10:25AM

Pete - I've read about this too you are trying to be too black and white...

1) You have dodgy transfer companies who either tout for business illegally at the airport or who take booking without all the necessary licences

2) You have privately run guest houses and villas who include being picked up by the villa owner etc as part of the deal - this to me seems to be the biggest grey area - they claim they are doing there guests a favour, cabbies will say they should be using cabs etc.

Considering its nigh on impossible to find a cab anywhere outside of the main towns and if you have tried booking one not being a spanish speaker you will never get anywhere.

3) Then you have normal residents who have lots of mates over and are regularly at the airport.

Pete there is nothing suspicious going on - the local plods have just had a bit of a crackdown and as usual picked up a load of innocents.

Date: April 14, 2008 01:06PM

I can't speak for other situations Pete... but in this particular case there certainly wasn't anything dodgy going on. The couple were staying at his home with him and his wife. He 'accepted' the fine at the outset (despite protesting his innocence) because he had not long moved over, spoke next to no Spanish, and was in his seventies. He was very upset about it. Now he knows to get on the blower, and ask for help. He was able afterwards to produce photos etc of he & his wife at the wedding of this couple a couple of decades earlier - but by then the damage was done. Sometimes people accept a fine here rather than fight, because they simply don't have the energy or knowhow to sort it. Not right I know. You and I wouldn't stand for it... but some are too nervous - and he just wanted to make the problem go away.

Hope that makes sense.

Elle xx

Date: April 14, 2008 01:13PM

Err no Pete I think you are reading to much into it!!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum