LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Easter in Lanza..?
Posted by: Ode ()
Date: January 15, 2004 01:18PM

We are going for the first time to Canary Islands and I have chosen Puerto Blanca as destination. Our departure is on Good Friday 9th April. I am interested how Easter affects on our holiday - more growded I guess but anything else I should take into account..? How is Easter celebrated in Canary Islands? Shops closed (in tourist areas as well?)??? Thanks for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easter in Lanza..?
Posted by: paul ()
Date: January 15, 2004 04:32PM

we went christmas they do celebrate this but every shop and restaurant was open as normal you dont have to book like you do here the choice is up to you

Posted by: angela poxon ()
Date: January 28, 2004 06:55PM

Everywhere will be open, on the 17th and 18th some shops will close but restaurants and supermarkets will be as normal.

Have a great time.

Posted by: carmelo ()
Date: February 09, 2004 12:54AM

someone told you that everything is open... I'm from Lanzarote, and believe me, it's close to Africa and our habits are very conservative. Very rural and closed society no matter what your travel agent said and promised to you. During the main christian holidays it will even be difficult to go to the beach. Locals can beat you. The other thing is the weather. I'm sure that your travel agent promised ethernal spring. It might be true for the temperatures but it will be windy like hell. No way that you find a sunny and peaceful day. I would rather go to another place if I were you.

Date: February 09, 2004 09:29AM

Hi Carmelo,
my agent has not promised or told me anything as I have not even asked.
I have just booked the holiday myself based on what I've read from many other Lanzarote visitors in internet forums (not only this one) and other sources.
I am looking forward to our holiday and I am not afraid of winds.
Sorry you can't upset me!

Ode

Only one thing I have changed is the holiday start day, we'll come on Easter Sunday instead of Good Friday. that's because I got good price reduction for this flight.

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: February 09, 2004 12:58PM

Ode
Take no notice of the negative post! You will have a wonderful time in Playa Blanca whatever time of year you go.The locals there are always very pleasant and friendly and I can't imagine you will have any problems.The weather should be glorious by then and the breeze is very welcome,but do not underestimate the heat of the sun as well,it can be very deceiving! Will probably be quite busy then as of course most schools have 2-3 weeks holiday at Easter,but it will not hinder your enjoyment-I promise! Have a great time.

Date: February 11, 2004 07:43AM

Hi Jackie, thanks for your nice words!

In what countries schools have 2-3 weeks holiday during Easter? We have only 4 days (Fri-Mon)... and my kids need to take extra holiday because of our trip.

Ode

Date: February 11, 2004 10:42AM

Hi Ode
Well the UK certainly has about 3 weeks holiday at Easter,not sure about the rest of Europe-where are you from? At holiday times in general it is always busier everywhere but will not interfere in your holiday in anyway.Where abouts are you staying? Mostly the children are in some of the big hotels in the area and tend to stay in the grounds because of the pools and entertainment etc.You will find that Playa Blanca is generally quieter and more relaxed than the other resorts but still has lots to see and do,and any of the main attractions are easily reached from there by car or excursion.

Jackie

Date: February 11, 2004 02:53PM

I am from Finland. We'll stay in Playa Flamingo, bungalow. Greek islands and Cyprus are familiar to us but this is the first time to Canary. We'll hire a car for the whole week. Our kids are 9 and 17.

Date: February 11, 2004 03:26PM

Ode
You have chosen a great place to stay.The Playa Flamingo bungalows are in a fantastic location right on the best beach in town,especially for your children it is so clean and safe there.They have lots of entertainment and activities going on there as well and lovely walk along the coast into the town and harbour area.Be sure to make a trip to the Timanfaya mountain,enjoy a camel ride etc.it is a fantastic experience for all ages.

Posted by: tj ()
Date: February 18, 2004 10:23PM

Ode,
Take no notice of the negatives as Jackie says. Your holiday is what you make it. Hope you enjoy it!

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: February 23, 2004 12:30AM

Hi Ode
I've stayed at Playa Blanca twice and I'm going back in July. You'll love it.
The Flamingo apartments look great andare right on the beach and next to good choice of restaurants. .
The beach is safe and clean with loads of fish to look at if you have a mask and snorkel.
Driving in Lanzarote is great. You should tour the whole Island, especially the north near Haria and the Mirador del Rio, (great views).
I hope you enjoy Lanzarote as much as I do.
Richard.

Date: February 23, 2004 01:18PM

Thanks for all for your kind replies! Looking forward to Lanza!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum