LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Thanks and any more advice
Posted by: ppbooth ()
Date: January 16, 2004 08:13PM

Thanks everybody. A real great help. Just never been on holiday with a baby before so I suppose a bit nervous. Any other advice on taking a 10 month old baby woul be welcome please. Also how common is cow and gate baby milk on the island?
Once again, many thanks though.
Paul Booth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks and any more advice
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: January 17, 2004 04:44PM

I would take a tin of your own, best to be safe than sorry, and i cannot recall seeing any.

Re: Thanks and any more advice
Posted by: Jackie J ()
Date: March 13, 2004 09:09PM

Paul

You probably have already been to Lanza but here goes anyway. If you are using Cow and Gate take it with you. I have only ever seen Aptamil, Milupa and Farleys milk on the island. I use SMA and I emailed SMA who confirmed that they do not sell it on the island. What I did was take ready made cartons with me to save all the hassle of water boiling etc. As your son is 10 months he probably isn't taking much now anyway. My 2nd baby is 10 months and she only has 2 bottles a day.

You have nothing to worry about. I've been taking my son since he was 5 months old (he's nearly 5 years old now) and has clocked up 10 visits. I also have taken my baby girl when she was 7 weeks and again when she was 8 months.

As long as you make sure you protect the baby from the sun you will be fine. I buy my suncream there from the chemists. It's called Paediatrics and was recommended to me by a Doctor in Lanzarote. My child has never burned with it. Both my children are very fair. I also recommend you get a couple of the safe in the sun suits which are factor 45 sun proof, a legionnaires type hat and a sun shade for the buggy. Don't bother bringing a travel cot, I did this the first couple of times but found that the cots in Lanza are spot on. Just be sensible and keep your baby out of direct sunlight for too long. The people over there seem to love babies. They are always very friendly and accommodating of mine.

Relax and enjoy yourself.

Jackie

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum