LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Where to buy Cigs
Posted by: terrymargate ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:48AM

Any recommendations in C Teguise or Arrecife where to buy Benson and Hedges

Each time I go the prices seem to be constantly changing.

I always seem to be in and out of shops looking forthe best deal. Many do not even put their prices on B&H. I only buy 8 or 12 each time for myself and my traveling companions. This trip the price varied from 18.50 to 24 euros per carton,

Is there a cash a carry that does not require you to hold a card or a place where the price is always reasonable?

Tks in advance for any replies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where to buy Cigs
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 16, 2008 10:32AM

8 or 12 cartons?!! Careful at customs because every so often they confiscate the lot.

You should easily get a carton for under 20E at any of the major super markets but even if you pay 24E you're saving a fortune!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:00PM

I smoke "Canary Kingdom" cigs, Terry. They taste exactly like Bensons to me. (JPS would be my smoke of choice). They're just €3.95 for 200 (no, that's not a typo). Silver box with a large CK on the side. Or buy a single pack for about a euro and a half and try them first. Then you've lost nowt if you don't like them.

Elle xx

Date: April 16, 2008 04:04PM

Thanks for the tip will give them a try.

HOw about the cash and carry's, do they all require you to have a trade card??
I walked into once by the airport once (CASH Diplo) filled up my trolley and was highly embarrassed at the till them they asked or my trade card.

Walked out empty handed and hanging head in shame lol

Have seen another within 100 yards or so of the one called CASH & CARRY, but no way i'm making the same mistake again

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:08PM

You're welcome terry.

Not sure about the cash & Carry shops up that way. Have only been in the one in Playa Blanca, and yes you need a trade card for that one.

Maybe someone else can help with that?

Elle xx

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: April 27, 2008 04:18AM

There is a cash and carry just past the one you went to...and you don't need a card and yes I think it is just called Cash and Carry...been in it.....very cheap indeed.

Thanks for the tip about Canary Kingdom, Lou smokes B&H and so it would be worth a try. One thing I do know is that it is cheaper to buy duty free in the supermarkets or plane certainly not at airport although of course it is still a massive saving to Uk

Harry

Date: April 27, 2008 12:49PM

Thanks for the info, will try the cash and carry next time smiling smiley

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum