LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Which resort ?
Posted by: Paul ()
Date: January 21, 2004 08:41PM

Hi, We are planning our first visit to Lanzarote this year, but dont know which resort to hoiday in ?
I fancy Costa teguise myself, though I have been told it was too quiet and slow. I really dont want to P. D. C. because of it being more of a lively place. Can anyone give me a good review of the resorts
Ta -Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which resort ?
Posted by: Catherine ()
Date: January 21, 2004 11:40PM

Hi Paul,

It defineatly depends on what you're looking for. If you want a lively resort then obviously PDC is where to head. Its good craic and you can definealty find a great variety of restaurants and night spots within an easy walking distance of almost anywhere you stay. The old town is also a short walk from the main part of PDC and is defineatly worth a few visits. A good option I think can be to base yourself in Los Pocillious or Matagorda as these are just on the outskirts of PDC so you can have the best of both worlds. Taxis and buses are also really cheap for getting around day or night. Costa Teguise is nice but I found it a bit quiet. I was only there a few times though throughout my visits and these were either during the day or really late at night so I probably didn't get a proper feel for the place. Anyway, best of luck with your decision. Lanzarote is a great spot so you'll probably have to work hard to not enjoy yourself anyway!!!

Catherine

Date: January 22, 2004 08:48PM

Thanks for your swift reply Catherine,
I will let you know what we decide. Last year we went to Corraljelo in feurtrvetura. We took a small curise over to lanzarote (though we never went ashore) and it looked really nice. So thats why we are intrested in making a visit this year
Paul

Posted by: Lady Sarah ()
Date: January 23, 2004 09:57PM

Hello
We have just come back from Playa Blanca, where the ferry docks from Feurtenventura, it is a lovely resort. It's not huge and is still expanding but there is plenty to do, lots of lovely restaurants and bars and lots to see. There are various trips from the harbour including a submarine style boat and a pirate style boat. Accommodation is very good,we stayed at the Natura Palace, but there were loads of apartments which looked lovely. Have a lovely holiday
Lady Sarah

Posted by: HG ()
Date: January 24, 2004 01:07AM

Dear Lady Sarah

I see you are just back from Playa Blanca. Am going next week to the Rubicon Palace there. 1st time to Lanza and would appreciate some recommendations, oh, and a weather report?? Usually go long haul at this time but only a week to spare. Hot enough for lazy days around the pool/ beach? How chilly does it get in the evenings?

Appreciate any help, comments.

Cheers

HG

Posted by: Lady Sarah ()
Date: January 24, 2004 07:18PM

Hello HG
I can recommend Casa Salvador (or something like that) the tables are blue and white and the food is excellent. It is right on the front at the resort.
Weather wise- you will need a sweater at night, and it was quite cloudy which made it cool, but when the sun is out it's beautiful. Goes dark around 7.30pm. Don't know your hotel I'm afriad so I can't comment on that. We had a lovely time, the resort is great.
Lady Sarah

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 26, 2004 02:51PM

I was in PB for first 2 weeks of Jan. We had about 5 days where it was really sunny and you could veg in the sun all day (and get a good tan!). Unfortunately the last 4 days were heavily overcast and you neede a sweatshirt if you were sitting out. For the evenings you definatley need a jacket or thick swaeter when walking around or sitting outside.

Restaurants: L'Artista Italian (at one end of the promenade behind the Galeria Del Sol) - really good pasta

Cervantes - on the main road almost opposite the church- similar menu to many other of the restaurants but good food and seemed less expensive thant those elsewhere (particularly along the front)

Galeon - Set back by the port - looks cheap & cheerful but food good and quite cheap (also it seems to be used by a lot of locals - usually a good sign)

Also should mention Snoopy's (on top of the Irish Anvil Bar) - It looks well down market but the food is good (the T.Bone steak is bigger than the plate - and the Spanish Omlette is delicious) - although basic menu - but the drinks are really cheap compared to many other places.

As for Bars - there's not too much going on - a couple of bars with live music - but not much else really (especially if your not a football fan). The only recommendation would be the aforementioned Galeria del Sol - no entertainment but a great view - has more of a wine bar feel to it - and I'd highly recommend their Sangria.

I hope this is of use.

Date: January 28, 2004 07:15PM

Hi all,
Iam booked up for October at the Teguisol in Costa Teguise
I went for C.T. because I got reports that it was very family based.
I hope I picked a good `un

Posted by: Linda ()
Date: January 30, 2004 04:40PM

Hi Paul

PDC is a great place to stay, we went last year and stayed in the Old Town. It was very peaceful there but near enough to walk into other areas of the resort, to be honest even along the strip we didn't find it noisy, but then we weren't out very late at night!! The Harbour has some great restaurants!!! Other benefits are the buses, can get to Arrecife, Costa Teguise, Teguise Market and Playa Blanca. We went to visit Costa Teguise last year for a day trip, it seemed a bit of a mish-mash of a place, it is the windiest of the resorts and the waves were enormous, not ideal for small children!! The year before we stayed at Playa Blanca, beaches are lovely (white) and some good restaurants as well, we also visited here for the day last year, lot of development work going on. Not much to do at night however.

Date: January 31, 2004 05:02PM

Thanks for the info Linda.

Posted by: Annie ()
Date: February 06, 2004 11:27PM

Hi!

We've just got back from Playa Blanca. Went for a week and we're really tanned! Only had one overcast/cloudy day on Sunday when we visited Teguise market.

Playa Blanca has lots of lovely restaurants and bars for the evening and our apartments (Playa Limones Bungalows) were really central, so even though we had planned to hire a car for a few days, we didn't need to in the end. The excusions we went on were fantastic. We went to the market, as I've already mentioned, for 8 euros each and also visited the Timanfaya Park Volcanos which were superb! We went there in the evening where dinner and the tour was all included in the price (about 40 euros)-well worth it. The last excursion we went on was a trip on a $million catamaran-UNMISSABLE!!!!!! An absolutely fabulous way to spend the last day of our holiday where lunch and all drinks (beer, wine, sangria etc) are all inclusive in the price-we paid 58 euros. The trip lasts for 4 hours and it was a perfect way to maximise our tans!!

Our rep told us when we arrived that we were able to use facilities in nearby hotels as long as we adhered to their policies, so we ventured out to a hotel (Timanfaya Palce Hotel) about 2 minutes walk from where we were staying. It was LUXURY! Two lovely pools (and an outside jacuzzi!) and excellent waiter service for lunch and dinner.

The beach in Playa Blanca is gorgeous and wasn't at all busy when we went.

I'd recommend Lanzarote to anyone. We can't wait to go again!! A great time of year to go to escape the British winter weather!

Annie

Lanzarote is BRILLIANT!!
Posted by: Annie ()
Date: February 06, 2004 11:31PM

Hi!

We've just got back from Playa Blanca. Went for a week and we're really tanned! Only had one overcast/cloudy day on Sunday when we visited Teguise market.

Playa Blanca has lots of lovely restaurants and bars for the evening and our apartments (Playa Limones Bungalows) were really central, so even though we had planned to hire a car for a few days, we didn't need to in the end. The excusions we went on were fantastic. We went to the market, as I've already mentioned, for 8 euros each and also visited the Timanfaya Park Volcanos which were superb! We went there in the evening where dinner and the tour was all included in the price (about 40 euros)-well worth it. The last excursion we went on was a trip on a $million catamaran-UNMISSABLE!!!!!! An absolutely fabulous way to spend the last day of our holiday where lunch and all drinks (beer, wine, sangria etc) are all inclusive in the price-we paid 58 euros. The trip lasts for 4 hours and it was a perfect way to maximise our tans!!

Our rep told us when we arrived that we were able to use facilities in nearby hotels as long as we adhered to their policies, so we ventured out to a hotel (Timanfaya Palce Hotel) about 2 minutes walk from where we were staying. It was LUXURY! Two lovely pools (and an outside jacuzzi!) and excellent waiter service for lunch and dinner.

The beach in Playa Blanca is gorgeous and wasn't at all busy when we went.

I'd recommend Lanzarote to anyone. We can't wait to go again!! A great time of year to go to escape the British winter weather!

Annie

Posted by: andy ()
Date: February 14, 2004 07:22PM

Try faro park , in playa blanca, went for two weeks in mid jan, the weather was,nt brill but the villa made up for that, any one who gets the chance to stay there should they are fantastic, done to a really high standard,the only down side its not within walking distance to the town, but a car or taxi sorts that out

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: February 25, 2004 10:23PM

I was in the fariones about 5 years ago, can any 1 tell me what its like now?

Posted by: lucy ()
Date: March 17, 2004 01:47PM

We stayed in puerto del carmen old town for the past 2 years for the diving school on playa chica beach.
Last year coincided with the fiesta week( first week ofaugust) which was fab, funfair, salsa dancing and music till late in theharbour square. stay in the quieter old town for great restaurants, the harbour and great views of the volcanoes.
Short walk to 'the strip' where the more lively night life and restaurants are.
Can highly reccomend the safari diving school and snorkelling on playa chica beach.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum