LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Papagayo Arena - Honest Review Pleace
Posted by: Kazzzy ()
Date: February 03, 2004 07:28PM

I would love for somebody to give me an honest opinion of this hotel as I have read so many conflicting reports. We are as a family going there in June and hopefully we have made the right decision.

Any comments would be welcome to this site.

Thanks to all.

Post Edited (02-03-04 17:28)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Papagayo Arena - Honest Review Pleace
Posted by: Jayne Rowswell ()
Date: February 04, 2004 09:55AM

Kazzy,

Go to the 'Translation needed' forum above. I asked for a translation of a very good review I found of this hotel. Most of it in sort of broken English but it gives a good idea. Copy and paste the untranslated bit and use the free translation link for the spanish bit. We're going to this hotel Feb. 12.

Jayne

Posted by: GarethP ()
Date: February 04, 2004 03:08PM

I spent a week here last august during the so called teething problems. Admittedly they had minor problems with some plumbing leaks but nothing to cause concern.

Staff were exceedingly helpful, the food was excellent, a bit awkward for me, trying to feed to fussy eating kids both under 4.

Pools were excellent, evening entertainment was varied.

Some of the photos posted on the link are by me - rooms were comfortable and the views were excellent.

Don't miss out - an excellent place to go.

Date: February 04, 2004 05:07PM

Thanks very much Jane - the translation worked well. Look forward to reading your review when you return from your holiday - Have a good one as they say.

Date: February 04, 2004 05:12PM

Thanks for the info Gareth and for the good assortment of pictures posted on the link. It seems that now the hotel has been up and running a while it is getting better all the time.

I have a 4 year old (5 before we go) so I am interested to know what you thought of the facilities for children ie Food, Kids Club etc. Also which beach in the area you thought the safest for them. Did you do the Volcano trip as my little boy already has his heart set on this and I wondered how tiring it would be for children.

I await your comments.

Date: February 04, 2004 08:00PM

The 'Translation needed Forum' is one of the posts on this site. If you go in there somebody left a post advising where to get a translation. You will however have to cut and paste the document from this site into the other site for translation.

Hope this helps. Think you may be able to translate into a number of different languages so this may help you further.

Have a good holiday Wim and look forward to your review on your return.

Posted by: GarethP ()
Date: February 10, 2004 10:54AM

Kazzzy

Didn't use the kids club - had a poke around but it tended to be slightly older kids 8+. There is a purpose built 'classromm' type place, with a small playground. This kids there really seemed to be having a good time.

The beach right by the hotel is fine for kids, not too deep too quickly, although there are a lot of flat rocks (smooth not jagged) that sit just below the water line, so sometimes there's a bit of a large step for teh unaccompanied! (but not dangerously - just a bit funny when your kids suddenly finds themselves up to their waist when it was around their ankles!)

Food was generally very good - but if your kids are a bit fissy you might find it's chips/pizza every day, but as it was their holiday I pretty much let them east what they wanted anyway. They did experiment though - a bit!

we didn't do any trips. I have heard that the volcano trip is a real experience but can be quite a trek - especially if they are asleep on the way back.

Date: February 10, 2004 02:10PM

Thanks for the information Gareth. It seems like you had a real good holiday at the Papagayo which is good news and as you say it is the kids holiday too so what does it matter for two weeks that they don't eat the veg etc. Mind you judging by the usual veg you get in Spanish hotels its not always my favourite so who can blame the kids. Having said all this however my little boy likes Chinese and Indian food so I guess he is fairly adventurous - so should be interesting!!

Might experiment with the beach by the hotel sounds like it might be fun!!

Thanks for all of your valuable advice and if you think of any other valuable pieces of information I would be glad to receive it.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum