LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Teguise market
Posted by: flick ()
Date: February 06, 2004 09:17PM

what is Teguise market like?is it any good?
flick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teguise market
Posted by: Annie ()
Date: February 06, 2004 11:42PM

flick wrote:

> what is Teguise market like?is it any good?
> flick

Hi Flick,

We've just come back from Lanzarote.
Hope I'm not too late to reply to your message.

The market is good. We went on Sunday and spent 3 hours wandering around looking at all the different stalls. The market takes up most of the town!! It depends what your looking for, they sell at lot of lace, leather and souvenirs, but we found two really lovely shops within the market area called "Tierra" (meaning the earth) which sold some really tasteful stuff. We bought four gorgeous wine glasses, some bookmarks, candles and I bought a t-shirt too-the whole lot came to 20 euros-BARGAIN!

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Annie

Posted by: flick ()
Date: February 08, 2004 08:11PM

thanks so much for the info,i shall make the market a visit when i go in august,thanks so much

flick

Posted by: HG ()
Date: February 10, 2004 11:11PM

The market is fab!! As a seasoned shopaholic, I recommend this market!!Was there week before last. Was a bit higher altitude and definitely glad of the jumper I took - hopefully OK for you in August.
Don't spend too long in the main square near the holiday bus park and car park as the market stretches down many of the streets and they and the shops themselves are all well worth a visit. There is a square of stalls all selling local crafts - made a welcome change from Burberry and Louis Vuitton fakes!! Definite bargains to be had. (Bought two pairs of Adidas-type trousers, a leather handbag and a top and got change from £30!!!) Tour operators' excursions are actually good value for money. Saved hassle of public buses, car-parking, etc. Stalls do shut pretty smartly around lunchtime and so a smooth passage there was worthwhile.

Posted by: andy ()
Date: March 19, 2004 09:03PM

Good evening,

I am going to visit lanzarote on the 1st april for 1 week .

Does the market have any fake rolex watches as a friend of mine wants one bringing back and what price are they.

many thanks

andy

Posted by: Larry Ward ()
Date: March 19, 2004 10:21PM

Andy

If you can't get a fake Rolex, Cartier, Tag Heuer etc etc at the Costa T market, they've stopped making them!!

Larry

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum