LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
living and working
Posted by: scottf ()
Date: February 11, 2004 05:45PM

Having been to Lanzarote last January and loved every minute i'm looking to make a more permanent move. I've gone out my way to gain additional bar experience over the last year to help with this and my girlfriend has made a similar move.

We'd been in Costa Teguise and thought the place was the perfect base (i'm 34 and she's 29) and just wondered if anyone had any ideas on the best way to secure work. We had planned to take a weeks break to test the water and then return nearer the summer for a more permanent move.

I love karaoke and have hosted a few over here on a purely amateur basis but loved it. (If you hate karaoke don't hold this against me)

Having lived in Edinburgh for the last few years i feel i need some sun and don't mind hard work and would be prepared to do anything except Timeshare.

I've tried the internet but it appears really difficult to get any real info in advance or to see any real jobs.

HELP!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: living and working
Posted by: Jude ()
Date: February 14, 2004 02:51PM

i worked in puerto del carmen for a year and word of mouth is the only way to get a job. Take any job going at first and then you can be a bit more choosy. accomodation is quite hard to find and wages wont be high but at least you'll be in the sunshine!

Re: living and working
Posted by: Valerie ()
Date: February 14, 2004 04:56PM

Hi Jude,

Where abouts in Puerto Del Carmen did you work?

Cheers
Val

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum