LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
los rosales apartments
Posted by: carrie ()
Date: February 29, 2004 02:03PM

I have heard a few bad things about these apartments, break ins etc. I am a bit worried. Can anyone tell me if they have stayed there, and if they have saftey deposit box's? I would apreciate as much info as you can give me. (eg) what are the apartments like,how far from the beach. Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: los rosales apartments
Posted by: carrie ()
Date: February 29, 2004 05:32PM

Simon H

Have you been to puerto del carmen a lot? I only ask because you said you passed a few weeks ago.

Can you recomend good places to eat?, where is a good supermarket? by good I mean somewhere you can buy decent veg (tomartoes) etc.
Some resorts only have the little tourest supermarkets and charge the earth.

Generally what are the prices like now?

Meal for two.
food shopping

What is the beach like?

any tips you can think off, will be a real help as I am only going for a week.
I have also heard customs bombard you when you return to UK, this seemed to happen when we returned from Teneriff. I have never really understood Duty Free. It seems to me you can buy more when it is not duty free.

I have been to Turkey several times, greece and Spain too, on several occasions, but I am still baffled about allowances. What I mean by this is....what you can buy in the resort with reciepts. I have been told you can only bring back your duty free allowance and if you buy something in the resort you have to declare it. Any ideas on this one.

Thanks for replying

In anticipation.

Carrie

Posted by: Jackie J ()
Date: March 13, 2004 08:56PM

Hi

I stayed in the Los Rosales in October 2001. It is a very small complex with 2 pools. It is exceptionally quiet. The rooms themselves were quite big. They were clean and basic. Definitely no frills. I was more than happy with them as I'd paid £250 for 2 weeks through Thomson Just so I thought I'd got a bargain. They have no reception as such or bar or anything like that. However, don't let that put you off. Any problems you go to the Elena apartments which are just across the road. There are safes in the room to which you can hire and I definitely recommend that you hire a safe regardless of where you stay in Lanzarote. I have been to Lanzarote on 20 occasions from 1990 and will be returning in July.

Locationwise as Simon has already said the Los Rosales is excellent, very short walk to the shops, beach etc. For your duty frees walk to the bottom of the street, turn right and under McDonalds there is a shop called Bazaar Charlie. That's where I buy everything.

Supermarkets, the Dos Mil II beside the Los Rosales is hard to beat. Restaurants, it really depends what you are looking for. There are any amount of restaurants in Lanzarote so you will find something to suit you. The Mickey's Simon is talking about do lovely chicken and I often go there in the morning for a bacon baguette. There are many Lanis restaurants in PDC and I have always been happy with those. I was last in Lanza in January and since then have been reading not so favourable reports about Lanis, so I don't know what the situation is.

Hope that helps.

Jackie

Posted by: Carrie ()
Date: May 05, 2004 01:29PM

Thanks Jackie,

Its always good to have a bit of hoilday advice before you go. I hope you have a good time in July. All I have to do now is hope the weather cheers up, it dosnt look as good this year.

If you think of any more tips let me know.

Carrie

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum