LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Las Brisas and the Bus Depot
Posted by: Larry Ward ()
Date: March 10, 2004 08:29AM

Anyone know if there's been any more work done on the bus depot at Playa Blanca?

We're holidaying again at Las Brisas (next door) and were wondering about how much disruption there is.

Also, is the car park opposite finished yet? Last year they dug a massive great hole for it. I'm assuming (a dangerous thing in Lanzarote public builidng) it's moved on from a hole.

We're over for 3 week July-Aug. Couldn't give a fig about the noise as long as it's warmer than the UK is at the moment!!!

Larry
Bedford

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Las Brisas and the Bus Depot
Posted by: Paul ()
Date: March 10, 2004 09:43PM

When we were in Playa Blanca e-of-Jan the new Bas Station appeared to be completed with tapes across the entrance just waiting for signs and seates presumably - quite impressive really !! didn't notice the car park -sorry.

Date: March 11, 2004 08:36PM

Thanks Simon

The bl**dy big hole you describe is the one I remember.

Oh well, there's always manana!!

Larry

Posted by: rachel eagle ()
Date: March 26, 2004 05:29PM

Aside from the building site opposite- can anyone comment on the quality of the accommodation at Las Brisas?

We're looking for somewhere to stay in late May and the website/photos don't give much away. We have a 6 month old baby and 3 year old so particularly interested in opinion about suitability for kids.

Also any comments on Playa Blanca itslef would be most welcome.

Thanks

Rachel

Date: March 26, 2004 09:01PM

Rachael

We've been going to Las Brisas for 5 years. Villas on the whole are very well equipped and looked after. Gardens are lovely and well kept. You're hard pressed to find a better location in relation to Playa Blanca and the beach at Playa Flamingo. I've never noticed any noise from traffic or building ... no one commented on it last summer despite a lot of work taking place.

Good bar with a roof and cover on the odd bad day, with wonderful staff, and what passes for evening entertainment in Lanzarote.

A passable restaurant at a pinch, but they're better in town. Small shop that has the essentials, reception staff very helpful (tours, car hire, money conversion etc).

GREAT for kids, though can't comment on May, as the number of kids might be down on summer. My 10 year old has loved the place since she was 4.

Hope this doesn't sound too much like a plug for the place. I'm not on commission, HONEST!!

Larry

Posted by: Dragonfly46 ()
Date: April 02, 2004 03:53PM

We got back yesterday from two weeks in Las Brisas. The villas are very well equipped with everything you would need. It is very child friendly with a life guard on duty round the pool at all times it is open from 8 in the morning until 8 in the evening. It is a very pretty site with beautiful flowers all over and it is an easy walk into the town. It is one of the best organised sites we have been on although I have to say the restaurant does not serve the best food but the town is only a five minute walk away.
The bus station looks pretty complete but only one bus seemed to sit there. The car park opposite is still a building site although they were working on it. There is certainly no building noise. The most disruptive building we found was as you walk to the town - at the end of the road next to El Romantica they are building on both sides so there is a lot of dust but maybe they will have finished by July.
I hope you have a good holiday there - we can't wait to go back.
Anna

Date: April 02, 2004 08:50PM

Thanks Anna

Yeah, the building work by La Romantica was going on last summer. Shame really as La Romantica has some of the best food in PB, despite the view having changed with builidngs (you used to have a wonderful sea view before all the building in the late 90's).

Echo your view of Las Brisas (see previous post), the 'restaraunt' will do at a pinch (sorry to be a snob), but you can each just a cheaply and a lot better almost anywhere else. That said, it beats the walk into town when the little ones turn into 'Jason and Freddie'.

The life guard (if he was the same guy) was a big hit with the kids last summer, and takes a lot of pressure off parents doing more important things (read: sun and tall cold liquids).

Oh well, enough dreaming for the moment. Have to get the tickets paiud for this weekend. Can't wait til July.

Larry

Posted by: FrankLB ()
Date: April 06, 2004 09:12PM

Been going to Las Brisas for years (forget how many) and elsewhere in Lanzarote for past 16-17 yrs or so. Variety of villas all ok in LB but we usually eat out at night, bar & snax ok though.
We`re back again in Sept 04

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: May 05, 2004 11:03PM

Thanks for all the tips on Las Brisas!. We have booked to go in a couple of weeks so would be most grateful for some more advice.

What's the best way of getting from the airport to Las Brisas? do you tend to hire a car- I'd rather not but if it's the most cost effective way, then we will.

Also, any must-sees, trips etc we should consider with our (nearly) 3 year old?

Posted by: Brenda Dowle ()
Date: May 06, 2004 01:59PM

To get to Las Brisas we pre booked a Mini Bus with Canel Travel,have used it before.If you prefer to get a Taxi from the Airport the Staff at Reception will book a Taxi for return journey.
I can only echo what has been sais about Las Brias it is the best complex we have stayed and the appartments was excellant.Enjoy your stay we look forward to a return visit.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum