LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
El Trebol - Costa Tequise
Posted by: Carol ()
Date: March 16, 2004 11:58AM

Has anyone stayed half board at this hotel we are booked for Xmas
would like to know what you thought

Carol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: El Trebol - Costa Tequise
Date: March 17, 2004 10:44PM

Thanks Simon H
Wish you could tell me more, thanks for the reply

Regards
Carol

Posted by: karen ()
Date: March 23, 2004 01:14AM

hi carol,you seemed quite concerned,i was too,however i always do my research before i go anywhere,12 of us have booked the el trebol in august this year,i could of booked a 4 star for the same price we got this holiday for,but after looking at all the reviews and personel recomends i chose the el trebol,i am very confident i did the right thing,just remember to take a video camers with you,just in case hahaha,only joking we may see you there,k

Date: March 24, 2004 11:27PM

Hi Karen
Hope you have a fab holiday as u go in August,
I am worried cos its xmas and I've never paid so much for a holiday
Let me know how you go on, seems a ok hotel like you thought, how come you could have booked a 4* at the same price, I wish I could have ?
Let me know how u get on

Carol

Posted by: steve ()
Date: April 07, 2004 12:07PM

Stop worrying all of you I have the answers that you all are looking for.The El Trebol is fantastic, the best family holiday we had was here.We went in October 2003 and thought we had been dropped off at a shopping centre.Everyone thought the same but once you get into the hotel you will find out everything you need from the reception staff who are very helpful.The breakfast was horrible everyday,but out of the hotel and you can eat at plenty of places for not a lot of money. Evening meals are different again,very nice excellent salads,plenty of fish,nice fresh meats- what more do you want?.Alex the kids entertainer is manic,the kids love him and he loves the kids.Entertainment for the adults is very good with a different show nightlymany international, we had shows from Africa, Brazil,The USA and a parrot show from Barcelona.The bar staff are good, if you want sangria get it without fruit and ice cos you get a full litre not half a litre if you take it with and it cost 5€ and its a good excuse for drinking it quicker! If you fancy a great night out try Legends across the road,some good club acts from home and the obligitory hypnotist.If you fancy a quiet time without the kids( if you have them) leave them in the hotel bar and just out of the doors and on the left is the best bar on Lanzarote,yes it is it doesn't look like much but the owners are two of the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting.They are a class apart,drink and settle the bill at the end of the night and they forgot to charge for half of what we had! Used to happen all the time years ago but not anymore,someone must have forgotten to tell them.THE POOL IS FREEEEEEEZING.................
Spoke to people who were here in the summer too and it was just as cold then.The rooms are very spacious and well laid out for the family or couple.
Hope this helps you and if things have changed sorry but if things have not have a cracking time and we hope you all have a holiday to remember.
We travelled as a family of six, Joanne the wife, Jack (10), Abigail (7), the inlawsand nearly forgot,me.

Posted by: karen ()
Date: April 07, 2004 06:48PM

hi steve, thankyou very much for the info in el-trebol,won,t hold it against you if its el-crappo!!! but really looking forward to goin now.
can you tell us could you hire fans for the rooms while you were there,or do you no were we could hire them from? also whats the location like ?
thanks again.karen

Date: April 08, 2004 10:15AM

hello karen,
so pleased to be of assistance.Yes you can hire fans from the hotel or you could when we were there kettles were not in the rooms but you could hire them from the hotel toasters too.the prices were a bit steep but go out of the hotel turn left walk down road (100mtrs) turn right and up the hill (400mtrs) set back from main road you will find a tiny little English shop who will sort you out with a number to ring for all you need you can even rent a playstation for the kids.The location is quiet and out of the way from all the rowdies, but out of the doors and you have got 5 bars within 50 mtrs.walk left and left again takes you to los zocos hotel for good entertainment but entertainment in the el trebol was very good.
at end of street leading left from hotel cross over the road and you will find the shopping centre with loads of electrical goods appear to be cheap but ask for a warranty and the price doubles so back out of door with your hands in your pockets and run away.If you want to buy electrical ask the asian guy at the watch and gift shop on the left hand corner of the hotel complex just before the amusement arcade.we bought fila watches for half their UK price and i got a Festina Calypso diving watch for 100€ which would have cost £130 at home and he gives an international warranty for free others charge for warranty.he will recommend an electrical shop on the right hand side of the shopping centre if you ask him, he will even ring them and tell them to sort you out with a good deal.Abigail paid £80 for a gameboy SP and was sold a multi game cartridge for £30 which has 150 games on it including 6 gameboy advance games worth £180 these are full games not 2 levels like some try to sell you for €100 and you get ripped off. Continue through the shopping centre and the beach is ahead.

Date: April 08, 2004 10:34AM

To continue from previous cos i ran out of space(wife wants to know if i want to be a travel reporter when i grow up)
through the shopping centre and past the half a dozen bar/restaurants you will find cucharas beach this is only 300mtrs from the hotel.turn right and walk along the front and you arrive at the shops and bars around the paseo maratimo make a left and you will find the Sunburnt arms and two other english pubs if you want a good English breakfasts.
the area around these bars will take you to the main drinking/shopping area.For a short cut to this area leave hotel turn left, at end of road make a right walk past the Netto and bars restaurants are to be found here as well as the African/hispanic market on the left every friday.
Must go now anyway have a great time and let us know how it went and we are envious of you cos we are going to malta for the first time and wish now that we were going back to the El Trebol this summer and not next year as we have planned
Bye
steve

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum