LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
sterling or travellers cheques
Posted by: carole ()
Date: March 20, 2004 07:22PM

going to playa blanca for one week in april ,can anyone tell me how easy it is to change sterling, or are we better off getting travellers cheques.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sterling or travellers cheques
Posted by: john m ()
Date: March 20, 2004 07:59PM

Very easy to change sterling, but travellers cheques are always safer. Have a nice holiday.

Posted by: Larry Ward ()
Date: March 20, 2004 08:21PM

As an alternative you might consider using Switch to withdraw cash from the various and many cashpoints in Playa Blanca.

You probably know, but make sure it has the Cirrus symbol.

Provides an alternative to traveller's cheques and cash. Safer than cash, and easier than cheques.

Larry

Posted by: Mellisa ()
Date: March 24, 2004 02:02PM

We just got back - took Euro travellers cheques and for every €50 note we changed we were charged €1. That was in the hotel too so not bad and convenient.

Posted by: lori ()
Date: March 24, 2004 05:24PM

when is the best time to get money, i am heading there in november and was wondering the the exchange rate will go back up again or iam i better to get my money just now??????

Posted by: FrankLB ()
Date: March 24, 2004 09:06PM

Hi everybody,
we just take Euros in cash & look after it. For anything else there`s always plastic

Posted by: karen ()
Date: March 24, 2004 11:13PM

we just go to the "hole in the wall" bank, or take EUROS, and have found that by paying on your card (VISA/DELTA/DEBIT ETC), you dont get charged in supermarkets or restaurants etc, (as long as you look after your copies of receipts everything has always been o k for us) if you go to hole in wall there is a £1.50 charge from your bank in u k .
we find it easier and less comission than travellers cheques,
hope this helps Karen (PALMERAS 111 APARTMENTS)

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum