LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Rip off uk
Posted by: maggie ()
Date: March 24, 2004 11:37PM

What is all this talk of being ripped off, think of how others feel when they come to the uk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that a rip off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rip off uk
Date: March 25, 2004 08:46PM

no replies?

Posted by: gixxer pat ()
Date: March 25, 2004 09:17PM

.....rip off uk??????? are you kidding..? you want to live in ireland ....
rip offs ville or what (any other paddys out there agree with me ?),
so much so ,were going to lanzer in june to look at properties to buy.
were sick of being ripped off ....oh and the weathers crap too.....

Date: March 25, 2004 10:56PM

hi, gixxer pat,
we are so sick of England that we purchased a 1- bedroom apartment last October (after a lot of research,asking questions etc etc). We are eventually going over to Lanzarote to work/live, but the time is not right for our kid,s yet re-garding education over here (college/uni) etc. we are going there when all this education has ended though!!!!!!!
we now own "PALMERAS 111 (NUMBER 5)" THERE ARE 8 APARTMENTS ON SITE, we are situated behind McDonalds on the main promenade/beach, we rent our apartment out, and have a full team of people (English company based in P D C working for us, cleaner/property manager etc).
If you would like i will put you in touch with them, the property manager is a partner of the estate agent(English), they have been in P D C for years!!!!!!!!!, and i can highly recommend them, the help and advice they give is fantastic!!!!!!, everything is done for you (we did everything in a couple of visits, we have even had the apartment fully re-furbed while still being over here. Also if you want to rent out our apartment give us a e-mail, and i,ll check availability/price.)

hope this information is of some help,
Karen PALMERAS 111 APARTMENTS

Date: March 25, 2004 11:24PM

AT LAST A RESPONSE,dont get me wrong I love uk but we are ripped off. We pay more that the europeans do yet we are all supposed to think as one?

Posted by: gixxer pat ()
Date: March 27, 2004 11:16AM

hi karen
thanks for the info but we plan to move out to lanzer totally and leave
old ireland behind( i think i feel a song coming on ....only kidding)
as we dont have or ever will have kids ,we dont have a "problem" in that respect , thanks for the offer anywho.
I'll just say a quick hello to maggie in case she feels we're just using her thread as a dating agency!!!!!
maggie will ya stop giving out bout old blighty ,we go there quite a lot
to various bike/car shows (which i'll miss when we move to lanzer) and
always have a great time,especially the Lincoln christmas fair which anybody outside Lincoln doesnt seem to know about ,do you?, in fact we'd move there but the weather is the same as it is here..crap...
p.s. DONT JOIN THE EURO....
TA TA FOR NOW...PAT.

Date: March 27, 2004 06:18PM

hI FOLKS IT`S BAD ENOUGH USING THE EURO ABROAD AND THATS WHERE IT SHOULD STAY. GIVE ME THE££££££££££ EVERY TIME

Posted by: Larry Ward ()
Date: March 27, 2004 07:10PM

We went to Lanzarote the last year Spain had the peseta, and the first year they had the Euro.

Using a 'shopping basket' of things we'd bought the year before, we found that in the main, proces had gone up by about a third!!

Local told us that all that was happening was that they were rounding prices up to create prices that were divisable by 10.

Horse stuff!! That's the same old line used when we moved to decimalisation!!

Larry

Date: March 28, 2004 08:26PM

IN OTHER WORDS LETS KEEP OUR POUND

Posted by: sylvia ()
Date: April 09, 2004 06:32PM

i have beengoing to lanzarote about twice a year since 1996,and just love it there.am too old unfortunately(70 yrs young)to move out there,yes prices have risen since the introduction of the euro ,but not as much as they have in the uk.you only have to blink here for something to have gone up.so all you lucky people who are thinking about moving out to lanz ,go as soon as possible.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum