LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
cash or cheques
Posted by: muzzisben ()
Date: April 18, 2004 07:34PM

can anyone help. we fly to lanza, costa teguise 3weeks today. I'm confused about dosh, wouldi be better to get travellers cheques in sterling or euro, also what is the exchange rate over there, its about 1:43 here, ish. is it better or worse?. any help greatly appreciated.ta!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cash or cheques
Posted by: Pete ()
Date: April 18, 2004 08:03PM

We normally have the same dilemma's, I don't think there is an easy answer, we are thinking of withdrawing cash at ATM's with either a debit or credit card when we travel from know on.

Posted by: karen ()
Date: April 19, 2004 12:53AM

hi,does anyone know if there are many atm machine,s in costa tequise,cos we always use them abroad and don,t wanna be stuck when we get there.cheers karen

Posted by: muzzisben ()
Date: April 19, 2004 09:27AM

loads, i found it difficult to get a balance though. if your set up for internet banking just go to local internet cafe, only 1 euro for about 1/2 an hour.
hope this helps

Date: April 20, 2004 09:22PM

HI, dont know about Costa Teguise, but in Puerto del Carmen we take a MIXTURE of the following: we have found that paying by Direct Debit Card/Visa Delta Etc, in Restaurants etc gives us a good exchange rate without any kind of charge!!! (as long as you keep hold of and take good care of the reciepts we have never had a problem).
We also withdraw from "the hole in the wall at the banks", this is also a good exchange rate, but you do get charged about £1.50 per transaction, so withdraw the max amount !!! (about £125 i think).
We take a few travellers cheques for two reasons: American Express now also cover your cards if you buy thier cheques, and of course Emergencies!!We also take EUROS (comission free from the POST OFFICE HERE), some places offer comission free in P D C, but i dont know about other resorts.
HOPE THIS HAS HELPED!!!!
Karen, PALMERAS APARTMENTS Puerto del Carmen.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum