LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Cold Lanza!
Posted by: Sarah30 ()
Date: May 02, 2004 04:10PM

Hi Karen

They stayed at the Lanzarote Princess Hotel - they had an amazing time.

Lanzarote is their and my favourite place!!

Have a lovely holiday.

Sarah

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: May 07, 2004 11:15PM

I would be grateful for advise. I am thinking of booking a holiday in Lanzarote in Sept of next year and I want it to be warm enough to go swimming. I've heard in January that it is too cold to do this.

Opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Fiona

Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: May 08, 2004 10:28AM

Hey Simon

Thanks for the reply. So be prepared for cold water but the weather will be hot! Sounds fine to me.

Fiona

Posted by: karen 33 ()
Date: May 08, 2004 01:23PM

is any one going to lanzarote in 2nd week in june,what weather am i looking at.is it cold on the night,will i need a jacket.im going to papagoya arena,anyone being there lately.whats it like

Posted by: Kazzzy ()
Date: May 08, 2004 05:20PM

Simon I am going to Lanza mid June what sort of day time average temperatures have you experienced in the past. We went to Costa de Almeria las year in June and it was scorching mid 30's plus each day by about 10 am - a little too hot for my little boy so I am hoping that Lanza will be high 70's - am I expecting too much?

Date: May 08, 2004 09:02PM

Thanks Simon. Nobody else had mentioned that the volcano area can get a bit chilly and I think you notice it more when you have been somewhere on the coast that is warmer. We are staying in Playa Blanca - any tips for there would be appreciated.

Oh by the way I know what you mean about all the average temperatures etc that people keep plugging on their sites - sometimes you just want an answer right here not having to jump to another site - so I am with you on that one.

Post Edited (05-08-04 19:28)

Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: May 08, 2004 10:38PM

Sorry but i've got to disagree with you both on this one( Simon H + Kazzy). At a guess, this website must have started off as a little link on other pages and forums etc and look how its grown! I have it saved to "favourites" on my pc and it has proved invaluable in my quest for info about my holiday destination.
I think the guy needs to be applauded for giving a lot of time and effort to running his own site dedicated to fans of the island!
I've been to the site in question and found it to be useful at filling in the gaps that other sites seem to miss out
p.s. i'm not related to him!lol
For anybody who's wondering what we're talking about its...
www.pinetreecottage.freeserve.co.uk

Date: May 09, 2004 11:26AM

Chris I have also visited various linked sites when I have time and it is certainly not a knock at any of those sites it is purely just that sometimes it is good to get an answer on the site you are linked in to. Sorry if it seems that I was coming across as negative of the other sites it was not intended that way.

Date: May 09, 2004 12:41PM

Thats ok Kazzzy, I just think the more info the better. For example, I've looked everywhere on the "official" Lanza sites for info on the waterpark near CT and found nothing! If it wasn't for this forum, I would know next to nothing! 6 weeks today!!!! Been counting down for the last 18 weeks. Gotta say i've never looked forward to a holiday as much in my life!

Date: May 09, 2004 12:45PM

P.s. Just looked at the thread "I'll buy you a beer", should give you and simon h a laugh. Can't knock the guy for trying.lol

Date: May 09, 2004 12:48PM

And the "gay bars" thread!!! Ho Ho

Date: May 09, 2004 09:13PM

Chris - couldn't stop laughing when I looked at the threads you mentioned but you forgot one - Maps, the plug is there too!! As you say can't blame the guy for trying and the information is valuable but.....too much of a good thing and all that most definitely applies now!

By the way noticed you have booked a car with Doyouspain (think thats what they are called) do they deliver in Playa Blanca?

Date: May 10, 2004 07:14PM

Hi Kazzy, I think they do a delivery service(depending on time, duration of hire etc) but I don't think its needed! If memory serves me right, they also use a company based at the ferry terminal at Playa Blanca as well as the airport! Remember, Do YouSpain.com are a brokering service, therefore they use various companies in various countries. All I know is what I have read on their site(and i've read it thoroughly!) and have no first hand experience of them at all so it would be unfair to recommend them at this time. However, a few people have already stated on this forum that they have been happy with the service...so thats good enough for me!
And NO, i'm not on commission!

Date: May 10, 2004 10:09PM

Hi Chris - thanks for the car info. I am really undecided whether to book the car in advance or wait until we get there but I will definitely look at their site.

Date: May 10, 2004 11:27PM

We booked in advance Kazzzy although no money changes hands until we collect our car. They send a Voucher/Booking confirmation via E-mail which you print off and take with you as a receipt of your booking. Sounds low risk to me!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum