LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Best Bars & Resturaunts in Costa Teguise
Posted by: Carley ()
Date: June 10, 2004 04:28PM

Hello Lanzarote-laura

Just been reading you entry i notice you are going back out to lanzarote to work, ive also been trying to find work out in lanzarote but to no avail and was wondering if you no any were that are looking for staff??
Iam also 21 and live in doncaster and have traveled all over lanzarote, del carmen is not my cup of tea, much prefer playa blanca but there are no jobs in the bars there at the moment.

if you do no of any jobs if you could get bact to me that would be great

carley

burtoff@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Julie ()
Date: June 12, 2004 11:55PM

Hi Heather,

Yes that is it The Swan Inn, We are going to Lanzarote in September but we are going to Playa Blanca this time but we will pay them a visit whe nwe are there.. they were lovely people.

Julie

Posted by: gerard ()
Date: June 21, 2004 12:45PM

Hello.
Just returned from a week in Teguise visiting my sick sister who alas is not with us anymore. I would like to thank all of the staff at Saxos for all of there help and support durin this most difficult time. I would like to especially thank Brian from Saxos for all the help and assistance that he has shown towards everyone concerned. I would like to recommend saxos to anyone who is going to Teguise for a holiday because it offers plenty of good and different entertainment every night and the drinks are modestly priced, and all of the staff are very friendly. I wish you all the success that you all deserve and I hope to visit your establishment with my wife the next time that I come over to the islands. All the very best to you all.
Also it was nice to visit a place that keeps up good hygiene standards.
All the best.
Gerard. (Majellas brother)

Posted by: Sanita ()
Date: June 21, 2004 02:40PM

Hi all,

If any one does feel like a bit of a late night, we did find a few clubs while we were out there.

One was called the Jellyfish, and the other was called San Miguel. I'd recommend San Miguel for any R n B lovers

Posted by: laura h ()
Date: June 21, 2004 04:42PM

hi i got back from costa tequise on thursday i had an amazing time!! it was my first time there!! dont really remember much bout the pubs and clubs(got a bit 2 drunk) no went to the bulldog thought it was ok met jake who works there really liked him!! went to king arthers aswell had a really good night there 2!!! scots and wry was me fave they were sooo friendly did ne1 try a flatliner shot..... oh my god 2 of them and i didnt remember much!!!! anyway im looking to work over there 2 so if anyone knows of any bar work going then please let me know thanx love laura x x x xSanita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If any one does feel like a bit of a late night, we did find a
> few clubs while we were out there.
>
> One was called the Jellyfish, and the other was called San
> Miguel. I'd recommend San Miguel for any R n B lovers
>
>

Posted by: denise x ()
Date: July 28, 2005 06:12PM

I would recommend saxos for a great night, also king athur!

Posted by: bernadette ()
Date: July 28, 2005 08:53PM

Don't want to dissapoint anyone but Legends is no more. We have just come back and although it wasn't really my scene was suprised to find it closed and listening to local gossip will not be re-opening. However ther are still plenty of good places to eat , drink and entertain you. For a late night in a pub atmosphere there is a very small bar called the Hole in the wall which is literally that. You can view it on www.golanzarote.com. very welcoming and stays open untill you are ready to go.

Posted by: KarenK ()
Date: July 31, 2005 07:52PM

With regards to the comments about Puerto Del Carmen being trashy, if I were you I would take the time to explore a bit more! I have lived in Carmen for 3 years now and love the place! There is more to the town than Centro Atlantico and if you find the place offending then don't drink there! To be honest most of the locals avoid Centro arround the summer time any way!

I wish you luck in your job hunt but if you are going to work in the tourist industry on the Island then you need to be able to promote it all! I suggest you keep an open mind at least until you have lived on the island for a while and also respect that first impressions are not always correct.

Posted by: LAURZ05 ()
Date: August 05, 2005 08:40PM

I JUS COME BACK FROM LANZAROTE- C-TEGUISE, GOT BAK LATE LAS NITE, I AD ABRILLIANT HOLIDAY, THERES SOME GR8 RESTAURANTS N FUN PUBS, WHILE I DIDNT FINK THERE WAS NE PROPA CLUBS IN TEGUISE I WENT IN KING ARTHUR N JELLY FISH, IAV TO SAY SAN MIGEL IS THE BEST THO, MY M8S BF WORKS THERE N ITS TOP MUSIC.
A BRIT GOT KNIFED TO DEATH WHILE I WAS OVER THERE, WAS SAD, APPARENTLY SOME MORROCAN STABBED HIM, BUT IDONT KNO THE FACTS.
NEWAYS IRECOMMENT TEGUISE TO NE1 WHO WANTS AHOT RELAXIN HOLIDAY!

Re: we movin out there
Posted by: emma ()
Date: August 07, 2005 04:14AM

hi everybody just a note to say that me and my friends are moving out to costa teguise on the 25th august for 1 year we were there on holiday a month ago and we fell in love with the place everybody is so friendly and we made lots of friends. we spent ever night in cactus jacks where the family that run it made us feel very welcome if anybody has any advice for us then please let me know before the 25th.

Posted by: emma n rob ()
Date: August 07, 2005 08:40AM

we have been 2 teguise twice this year for a week each time 1st on r own 2nd time with the kids, both times we stayed at the celeste apts which was ok not much its just like flats with a pool, brekkie we reconend tuckers bar if you go say hi 2 alfie hes a darlin!!!

evening entertainmen you have to try the lighthouse theres a guy called robbo does 3 nites a wk there plays guitar (electric) hes good and adrian hes a nice singer if u see him ask him 2 sing amarillo (he hates it) but usually does it 1ce a night bless him,

shooters bar i think was prob the best with rob n nev they have karaoke each night and got ps2s outside 4 kids etc keeps em happy, they can sing doi what ever its not expensive at all we didnt think.

theres an italian nxt to the lighthouse can rem what its called but we found that over priced and the food was naff!! sorry but it was!

we will def go back in 2007 going furteventura next year with the inlaws and all 7 kids nieces nephews and my own 2!!! emma xxxxxx n rob n megan n asa xxxx

Posted by: anonamous ()
Date: August 15, 2005 12:30PM

just to say that we've just come back from costa teguise and had an absolute blast... would deffinately go there again!!!
absolutely loved catcus jacks... top dog entertainment, fit bar staff and the drag show is a must!! dont know when bill and pam last visited the place but things had cetainly changed on our stay which has to be more recent than theirs!!!!!
happy hour8-9.30PM then 12-1AM great if you want a good night out.... 12-3am kareoke was a great laugh..oh and they also do one mean full english breakfast for 2 euros.. well worth a try!!!
hopefully will be going back sometime soon to re-unite myself with the gang there.. marco & co are just fabulous.. helpful, charming and up for a lauch.. its WICKED!!!

Posted by: anonamous ()
Date: August 15, 2005 12:35PM

just to say that we've just come back from costa teguise and had an absolute blast... would deffinately go there again!!!
absolutely loved catcus jacks... top dog entertainment, fit bar staff and the drag show is a must!! dont know when bill and pam last visited the place but things had cetainly changed on our stay which has to be more recent than theirs!!!!!
happy hour8-9.30PM then 12-1AM great if you want a good night out.... 12-3am kareoke was a great laugh..oh and they also do one mean full english breakfast for 2 euros.. well worth a try!!!
hopefully will be going back sometime soon to re-unite myself with the gang there.. marco & co are just fabulous.. helpful, charming and up for a laugh.. its wicked!!!

Posted by: paulie ()
Date: August 15, 2005 12:57PM

I too have just got back from Costa teguise (again ).
Legends - the gossip of the locals is that it may be getting done up in the near future,to turn the basement of it into a nightclub !!!... as I say it is only gossip.
If you are looking for a cheap pint of dorada, check out Cafe Christine. Its just around the corner from cactus jacks. 1 Euro for a pint. You cant go wrong.
at the las cucharas center, Try popeyes next to the bungie trampolines. good pub grub from Scotty and John.
For spanish fair, try El Mastil, near the small crepe cabin near the square.
Really good I would recomend it

Posted by: Sugarspunsister ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:00PM

I'm in agreement with Paulie about the Mastil. Also we loved Portofino and La Pardela (what a fantastic fillet Oporto). Lollipops all round, service second to none, cleanliness 100% sparkling clean.
Lani's a tad expensive, but you get what you pay for - mouth watering swordfish au gratin - fabulous service.
Went to an English place just by the beach (not going to mention the "watery" name) had one meal (the most expensive of all our 3 course meals during our stay) messy plastic table cloth was wiped with dirty cloth/ food was average (ie Beefeater on a busy night). We decided to give it a second chance by going in for a drink the following week (well it was convieniently located), but unfortunately after over 10 mins we left because no one had even approached the table to ask us if we wanted to order and there was no one working behind the bar!!! Oh and just a last dig if I may, it was the only restaurant whose advertising boards had spelling mistakes "SATUDAY NIGHT ENTATANMENT" and this an english place - I hold my head in shame! LOL

Seriously - you're in Lanzarote - go Spanish!

SSS smiling smiley

Posted by: Megan ()
Date: August 20, 2005 05:41PM

I have to agree that EL Mastil's is a great restaurant the atmosphere and service is excellent! THe two waiters are lovely! I would recommend it to anyone, tell them Megan sent you!!!

I also agree that San Miguels is the best club there and definately plays the best music although it closes too early so had to go to King Arthurs after which is ok! The jelly fish is basically crap!

Can't wait to get out there next week! Maybe see some of you around!!!!!!!!!!
bye x x x x x

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum