LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Plaza Azul, PDC
Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: April 30, 2004 02:13PM

Staying at the Plaza Azul at end of june for 2 weeks.
Any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plaza Azul, PDC
Posted by: Sarah30 ()
Date: May 02, 2004 09:53AM

HI Chris

I stayed at the Plaza Azul a couple of years ago.

The apartment was lovely, really clean and spacious. The pool area was lovely, mind you there was a bit of a fight for sunbeds at 8am every morning!! We ate from the poolside bar on a lunchtime and no complaints there. The bar in the apartments will stay open until everyone has finished drinking, sometimes it was 3/4am!!

All the staff were really friendly and helpful - there is a supermarket on site but we preferred the one just across the road to the apartments.

I have been back to Lanzarote numerous times since and called in to the Plaza Azul to see a friend who works there - the atmosphere is still the same, mind you watch out for the kariokee man who does the entertainment on an evening because he may make a bee line for you and make you sing!!

Have a fab time!!

Sarah

Re: Plaza Azul, PDC
Posted by: Jackie J ()
Date: May 04, 2004 10:09PM

I too stayed in the Plaza Azul although it was back in 1998. I was very happy with the apartments. They were clean and comfortable. I found their pool to be one of the best I have come across in PDC. As the previous poster said there is a dash for sunbeds each morning. I can't remember the time it happens but I think it's about 9am. You aren't allowed to reserve a bed until then and I have to say it makes hilarious viewing seeing everyone lurking ready to pounce. When we stayed their the staff very often brought round free glasses of sangria in the afternoon which I thought was a nice touch.

The staff are really friendly. When we were there at least 3 of them were called Pedro. There is a poolside bar and they have a weekly barbecue. When I stayed there they had entertainment every night and it was June time. The entertainment attracted what I referred to then as "the buggy brigade" ie loads of familys with young children. Funnily enough the following September I found myself staying in the Plaza Palmeras across the road from the Plaza Azul with my 5 month old baby and became a fully fledged member of the buggy brigade who flocked to the Plaza Azul entertainment.

Onsite there is a small supermarket and also a laundry where you can wash and tumble dry your clothes.

The complex is up a hill, although it isn't too bad by PDC standards.

All in all, I say Plaza Azul is a good choice.

Jackie

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum