LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Costa Teguise???????
Posted by: Debb ()
Date: May 02, 2004 09:46PM

My family and myself (ages 52,45,37,25 & 5), will be going to Lanzarote in August this year. I have heard alot of bad comments about the wind! Is it really that bad? Also. does anyone know anything about the local golf course (fees,etc)? We will be staying in Barcelo de Galea Apts. Any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Costa Teguise???????
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: May 03, 2004 01:18AM

I had bad wind when I was there. The best thing to do is not have to much curry. cant help with the golf sorry.

Posted by: BillandPam ()
Date: May 03, 2004 02:02AM

Never had more than a gentle breeze.....not enough to disturb my hol in anyway. If my memory serves me right, you are going to be staying in the western outskirts of Costa Teguise...you will be approx 4 or more euros in a taxi to the centre of Costa Teguise. Make no bones about it, your a good 2 mile walk from the hive of activity in Costa Teguise...be prepared for "healthy" (long) walks or taxis every night (they are good value for money though) You will be fine if all you want (food etc) is all in Barcelo....but if you like to be adventurous like us, prepare for some legwork/taxi fees. You will be nearer to the water park than most, but that's no consolation i suppose!

I think your apts are nice as far as reviews etc are concerned....again, the main drawback being that they are further removed (West) from the centre of Costa Teguise than would be convienent.

I don't know too much about the golf fees, but i don't think they are too expensive.

Hope that was of some help! smiling smiley

Posted by: BillandPam ()
Date: May 03, 2004 12:42PM

Debb.....i've had a look (sober this time) on the net, and you are in the OTHER Barcelo accomodation in Costa Teguise...you are right in the centre of activity with all amenities close by...so ignore evrything i typed above!!

There are at least 2 "Barcelo" developments in Costa Teguise....you are obviously not going to the one at the western edge of Costa Teguise...my mistake!! winking smiley

[www.the-hotels.com]

Enjoy!

Posted by: muzzisben ()
Date: May 03, 2004 07:22PM

debb, people warned me about the wind, we went to costa teguise in september last year and there were two days without wind, it became very uncomfortable, trust me you'll be glad of it. i found it to be a pleasant cooling breeze almost constant. it bothered us so much that we fly back out this coming sunday to costa teguise for two more weeks..
any more help you want just ask

Posted by: Debb ()
Date: May 11, 2004 09:28PM

Thanks very much to all that replied, my mind has now been put at rest about the wind problem (Thanks for the tip Kevin)!

Posted by: heather ()
Date: May 14, 2004 11:15PM

Hi Debb
Costa Teguise is about the nearest thing to heaven, the wind is a god send,
We have been going for the last six years and will be going again this year
the kids love it and have a great time
wish we could live there
we have mad a lot of friends, and it is so hard to say goodbye at the end of our holiday.
i hope you have a fab time let us know how you liked it.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum