LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Puerto del Carmen Flora Ap'ts
Posted by: Lee ()
Date: May 07, 2004 09:11PM

Hi, I've just booked 1 week with 5 mates in June for PDC. This place sounds Pukka It seems to have everything we're looking for but without being an OTT ibiza or Magaluf (I' did that all that at 18) So far I've only heard good things about the place so we're really looking forward to it. Anyway all I want to do is relax under the sun, watch Beckham bend the ball in to the top corner for England and then have a few Sangria's
So if anyone can give any advice about my apartment (Flora) or any secret tips about Bars Resturants, Clubs or any ideas about Lanzarote PCD then please do

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Puerto del Carmen Flora Ap'ts
Posted by: John ()
Date: May 07, 2004 09:13PM

You'll love it

Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: May 08, 2004 07:11PM

Hey Lee, me and my girlfriend get there the day england play Croatia(21st) so the 1st thing we'll be doing is scouting out somewhere to watch the games! We come home the day after the final...my poor girlfriend! What a stroke of luck that the tournament just so happens to be on when we go!!!
No doubt we'll bump into you and the boys at some point!
I've only heard good things about PDC so far so I reckon the lads will be well chuffed with the place!

Posted by: Lee H ()
Date: May 08, 2004 07:30PM

What a stroke of luck indeed.
I can't wait to get over there
Just hope the weather is good, I need to top up my pub tan from last year.
Look out for 6 white blokes at the sports bar, should narrow it down a bit
we leave on the 24th just in case calamity James lets us down.......
Cheers

Date: May 08, 2004 09:17PM

Hi LEE,

I don't know anything about your apartments sorry !!, but looked on my map and they are near the port/old town, this is the area where i think the "best restaurants" are, we go most nights for our nights out.
Anywhere you want to go in Puerto del Carmen, easiest way just get a TAXI, they are very cheap !!!! Either flag one down, (GREEN LIGHT FOR HIRE), or get a bar/reception if you have one to telephone for you.
If you want "NIGHTCLUBS" head into the centre of Puerto del Carmen, also loads of good restaurants/bars here as well, including "LINEKERS BAR FOR THE FOOTY", (i don't bother with football, but my husband and son are football mad !!!)
You will have a "FANTASTIC HOLIDAY" !! you can find every kind of bar/restaurant in Puerto del Carmen, including loads that have the live football matches on !!!

Hope i've helped you,
Have a good time,
Karen.

Date: May 09, 2004 02:02PM

Hi, Karen
Cheers - Thanks for the tips, I take you work there then.
I should point out that I/we are no footy larger louts just looking to having a fantastic sun sangria and footy time. Unless your hubby leads us astray. I hope he's a Hammers fan
Anyway Seriously we are looking to take in as much of the Island as possible in our week there hoping that it wets our appetite for a Christmas break there swell which also seems to be popular.
I've heard a bit about the National Park and the Cesar Manrique building, are there any other places to look out for. Last year we went to Cala D'or in Majorca which was a lovely place with a good harbour and cove beaches. It sounds like PDC will be just as good if not better from what I've read.
Any links to some useful website will be greatly appreciated.
If you do and your over there that week I'll buy you a beer.

Cheers

Date: May 09, 2004 02:30PM

Hi Lee,
Sorry to say no i don't work in Puerto del Carmen !!!, well not yet !!!
We live here in RAINY ENGLAND !!!
We bought our apartment in Oct 2003, with a view to move over to LANZAROTE to work and live when our kids have finished college etc.
That time is a long way off, so for now we holiday in our apartment and rent it out.
I'm also sorry to have to tell you this, but NO my husband is not a "HAMMERS" fan, he is a "WIGAN ATHLETIC" fan !!!
we only go to Lanzarote in JULY, so won't be able to have a beer with you,
but i can assure you if we were there, YES !!! my Hubby would help to lead you all astray, anything to do with football and a bar, and i become a football widow !!!
You will have a brilliant holiday, enjoy.
Karen

Date: May 09, 2004 02:37PM

Hi Karen just been reading another entry from you to a guy called bren.
I would be interested in some further information on your "PRIVATE APARTMENTS" in Puerto del Carmen as well, even though I have booked for this June already I may be coming back if PDC is as good as its sounds.
Also some friends could be reccomended who couldn't quite make this time of the year.
By the way my friends and I(m / f) are in are late 20's early 30's and are No longer Yobbos, Honest
Cheers.
ps just received your reply to my 1st email so cheers, but some of the above still applies. I think

Rgds.
L

Date: May 09, 2004 03:01PM

Hi Lee,
If you E-MAIL me karenlivesey@hotmail.com with your postal address,
i will happily post out more info regarding our apartments to you and your friends.
Our apartment sleeps 2/4, but other apartments are available if you need extra room.
If you have a look on the "thread" APARTMENT AVAILABLE TO RENT, i have posted quite a bit of info regarding the location of our apartment.

karen.

Date: May 09, 2004 04:40PM

Hi Lee, must thank you West Ham lot (especially Brian Deane) for equalising in the Last minute of todays game to deny us Pie-eaters a play-off spot! NOT. I'm sure Karen and her husband may let you stay at their apartment after the hurt has gone.lol. Hi to Karen too from a former Standisher! Hope to bump into you at the Croatia game Lee and surely you must owe me a beer now buddy!;-0

Date: May 09, 2004 05:11PM

Chris, sorry mate those Palace boys just scrapped through. If WHU win the playoffs then I'll be getting quite a few beers in.
I'll get you a commiseratory pint anyway
otherwise c u on the 21st.
I'm forever blowing bubbles...............................:-]

Date: May 09, 2004 05:13PM

Hi Chris,
It's a small world !!!
(Where do you live now ??), your the second "WIGANER" i've met through this forum !!! (sorry everyone else, i promise not to turn this site about Lanzarote, into a "WIGAN SITE" !!!)
Karen.

Date: May 09, 2004 05:36PM

I fancy the hammers to go up anyway lee, its where they belong!
Karen, I now live in Hull and was brought up in the "CITY" of Standish, where my parents still live. Actually back next weekend for the first time since New Year so looking forward to that. Whereabouts are you then, if you don't mind me asking?

Date: May 09, 2004 06:14PM

I'm originally from Essex. Basildon
but now in London, Wimbledon area working i Kensington for 5yrs.

Date: May 09, 2004 06:16PM

Hi Chris,
I live in WINSTANLEY, (it's very wet and grey, a million miles from our very sunny bright street in Puerto del Carmen where everything is white and bright.)
Hi Lee, sorry to turn your thread into a "WIGANERS UNITED FORUM", i've just been laughing my head off at your postings, you and chris can always have a "beer" with me and my husband if your ever in Puerto del Carmen the same time as us, (ste, husband still out a football !!, must be drowning sorrows i think)

THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS CHRIS AND LEE

Karen

Date: May 09, 2004 06:31PM

Karen :-)
The Internet a marvellous thing INIT (Essex phrase)
Anyway not sure I've any more PDC questions for today or indeed
any money left to buy all these beers I now owe for all the good advise wit. Must shoot off home now for some tukka
I’m actually at work today supposedly doing some Overtime, although that hasn't been too successful due to some geezer trying to flog me a dodgy old motor with 3 wheels. Only Joking Chris
I'll be back tomorrow no doubt

Adios Amigo’s

L

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum