LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
I'll by you a beer
Posted by: Lee H ()
Date: May 08, 2004 06:08PM

Hi,
I've just booked a 1 week holiday to Lanzarote Peurto del Carmen with a few friends. We are staying at the Flora aprtments from June 17th. Can anyone give me some info on all the best things to do i.e. Bars, Resturants activities etc or indeed my apartment. Also whats the best attractions to see? I've heard a bit about the National Park and the Cesar Manrique building, are there any other places to look out for. Last year we went to Cala D'or in Majorca which was a lovely place with a good harbour and cove beaches. It sounds like PDC will be just as good if not better from what I've read.
Any links to some useful website will be greatly appreciated.
If you do and your over there that week I'll buy you a beer

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'll by you a beer
Date: May 09, 2004 02:09PM

Cheers Alex
V useful website
I owe u a pint
I think I read somewhere that there was a go Karting track there is this true or is it for the Kids? I'm thinking of hiring a mountain bike or moped, Is this a good idea to get around and explore the Island or are the hills to steep?

Rgds
Lee

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: May 09, 2004 03:11PM

Lee
There is a go Karting track near the airport-off over a track to get to it but quite good,my sons enjoyed it there.For adults and kids,different size karts for each.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2004 02:36AM by ruben.

Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: May 09, 2004 04:45PM

Lee, surely you need a lot of spending money with you for all the beers you're gonna buy for everyone! Moped hire is generally not recommended but if you want a car, i know a place where car hire is very reasonable(ie,cheap) from a professional company. Let me know if you want the details.

Date: May 09, 2004 05:19PM

Migh be interested in that.
One of the other lads will do the driving of course.
I'll be constantly to thirsty to get behind the wheel.
what details have you got.
Nothing dodgy I hope...a dodgy looking yellow 3 wheeler with Trotters Independant Traders on the side.
Blimely have I turned this thread into Friends Reunited.com
Hi Karen,
Soz your lot missed out on the footy playoffs.

Date: May 09, 2004 05:48PM

We've booked a car with DoYouSpain.com last week. 3 days hire (can't stay off the pop for longer than that) of a new Ford Ka is £33.99! That includes 2 people insured and no other hidden costs! Site is really easy to use and you can just enter different types of car, collection time and day etc and it gives you instant quotes. You only pay when you collect the car. You book it via the net and they e-mail you a voucher(proof of booking) which you simply print out and take with you as a receipt.
I've asked various people on this forum about the company and only had good reviews back! They are a broker which explains the (very) cheap prices!
Not sure if they do 3-wheelers though!

Date: May 09, 2004 06:01PM

Cheers
Sounds promising I'll check it out.
Where can you pick it up from the Airport or PDC?
do you know any website with good maps on?
adios.

Date: May 09, 2004 06:06PM

Pick up at the airport. www.icanarias.com for a good map, i'm actually finding our apartments as we speak. will check where the flora is while i'm there.

Date: May 09, 2004 06:19PM

try this link also
I think my apartments are near No. 36, 60 and 50???
by the way you can zoom in using the pop up button that appears in the bottom right corner
happy hunting..

Date: May 09, 2004 06:33PM

Hi Lee and Chris,
If you need any help with maps i've got loads of different ones, some show all the apartments/hotels in the resorts. If you want a copy it's no problem.

Karen

Date: May 09, 2004 06:37PM

yes please

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum