Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

More Music at Cueva de los Verdes
Posted by: Kim Colvill ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:04AM

Good morning,

Just to let you know that our last concert at Cueva de los Verdes was a wonderful success, both in terms of audience numbers and the performance itself. I can't speak for myself (the pianist) but I can let you know that John Morgan was truly outstanding and caused quite a stir with his big, Verdi voice. Perhaps you saw an extract or two on the TV?

Because this concert worked the Cabildo have very kindly booked some more concerts and the next concert is on Saturday 22nd May and on this occasion my husband, the International Concert Pianist, Robin Colvill, will be performing a wonderful mix of composers, from Bach to Gershwin. It is always a feature of his concerts that no piece of music is longer than ten minutes, and all the pieces he chooses have glorious or interesting melodies. Therefore, I can safely suggest that there will be music for everyone to enjoy. I shall join him for one or two piano duets, most likely by Grieg and Strauss.

After this, there will be another concert in June which I will let you know about nearer the time, and another in July and possibly August.

We hope you can join us. Posters and leaflets will be put around the Island and tickets will be on sale at Jameos del Agua, Cueva de los Verdes, Castillo de San Jose and you will be able to buy tickets on the night of the concert at the Caves.

With best wishes to you all.
KIM COLVILL

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum