LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Driving on the island..please read!!
Posted by: Devina ()
Date: December 02, 2004 05:25PM

I don't want to poke my nose in but Will does have a point.. whenever i leave a roundabout I always check over my shoulder 'just in case' and i was taught to drive 22 yeas ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BillandPam ()
Date: December 02, 2004 06:22PM

Will......

You just can't give in....! This thread was first posted a long time ago and i can't believe you've took issue with it now..... and as for his car, that is none of your business .... smiling smiley

I will never say that bill is a bad driver.... and i've known a few in my time believe me..... you just will not let this drop so i won't either it's up to you

Post Edited (12-02-04 18:50)

Posted by: Badger ()
Date: December 02, 2004 06:37PM

Bright, eh!!

Posted by: BillandPam ()
Date: December 02, 2004 07:23PM

Won't let it die, eh? I would love to meet up with you Will and then i would explain to you alright.

You still don't grasp the point of the original thread or the content. You should give up. The message has been well received by many others.

Posted by: michelle ()
Date: December 03, 2004 02:34PM

Hi Bill and Pam,

Can we please print this in our monthly newsletter to warn other drivers?,

Many thanks,

Michelle
michelle@grupoestupendo.com

Posted by: Will ()
Date: December 03, 2004 03:50PM

More than welcome to use my copy - tho I would like some kind of royalty for the use of it as my contribution has obviously made this thread much more interesting!!!

Date: December 03, 2004 05:13PM

LOL Will...

**cough**

Could i do a straw poll?? hands up everyone who checks over their shoulder before exiting a roundabout??? cos you ALL should.... you never know who isn't using the roundabout correctly and sneaking up on your nearside winking smiley

Posted by: Badger ()
Date: December 03, 2004 05:18PM

Worth taking a look at [www.highwaycode.gov.uk] to refresh ones memory, remembering to adjust for driving on right hand side.

Date: December 03, 2004 05:27PM

very informative badger thanks yawning smiley)

Posted by: Will ()
Date: December 03, 2004 06:04PM

Actually - not wanting to cause another arguement......BUT...Badger the whole point is that Bill and Pam kindly pointed out that the spanish highway code is completly at odds with the right of way on roundabouts as taught by the UK Highway code - as Bill found out to his expense (tho we have found out if he wasn't looking yet!!)

Michelle - shall we say 10p per copy of your newsheet sold? Speak to my people at Coutts for my account details.........!!

Posted by: Noel ()
Date: December 10, 2004 03:08PM

My hand is up but, then again, it nearly always is as I do not drive a car anymore having lost my d.l. after a rather nasty accident at a roundabout . I now ride a camel which is certainly a lot healthier than smoking one. To get go the point though.......even camels have priority on a roundabout if they are in the right hand lane regardless which exit they intend to take. I learnt this the hard way ;-)

Posted by: Noel ()
Date: December 10, 2004 03:08PM

My hand is up but, then again, it nearly always is as I do not drive a car anymore having lost my d.l. after a rather nasty accident at a roundabout . I now ride a camel which is certainly a lot healthier than smoking one. To get go the point though.......even camels have priority on a roundabout if they are in the right hand lane regardless which exit they intend to take. I learnt this the hard way ;-)

Posted by: Charlie and June ()
Date: December 10, 2004 05:01PM

Folks,
Thanks very much for the warning you posted about the Lane Priorities at Lanzarote Roundabouts.
We also hired a car on our visit last week and stuck to your rule " staying in the right land"..... and it worked fine.
We would encourage anyone to rent a car and tour the island, theres so much more to see than the Tour Companies show to us tourists.
Enyoy and good luck.

Date: December 10, 2004 05:01PM

Folks,
Thanks very much for the warning you posted about the Lane Priorities at Lanzarote Roundabouts.
We also hired a car on our visit last week and stuck to your rule " staying in the right land"..... and it worked fine.
We would encourage anyone to rent a car and tour the island, theres so much more to see than the Tour Companies show to us tourists.
Enyoy and good luck.

Date: December 10, 2004 05:02PM

Folks,
Enyoy and good luck.

Posted by: Moles ()
Date: December 10, 2004 07:38PM

Does anyone else find the idea of someone called Noel riding a camel in December a touch festive and rather amusing?

Date: December 10, 2004 07:46PM

OMG moles that is soooooooooo funny lol have we uncovered the second coming??????

Date: December 10, 2004 10:18PM

do Charlie and June have a stutter???..... just a though winking smiley

Date: December 10, 2004 10:19PM

THOUGHT!! not though yee gads

Posted by: Eddie ()
Date: December 12, 2004 01:27PM

If you read this part of the original quote...
"apporached in the left hand lane (nearest the central reserve)"
I don't think you were near the pavement at all......
You were lucky you weren't tested for DD because you obviously didn't know
where you were at all!!

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum