Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

DEILAND CENTRE
Posted by: udda10 ()
Date: September 24, 2004 08:01AM

i've been told to visit this shopping centre, does anyone know where it is and if the shops are any good? i'll be staying in p.d.c and not driving so can i get to it by bus? thanks, linz :-)

Re: DEILAND CENTRE
Date: September 24, 2004 10:55AM

Hi there

The Deiland centre is just past the airport heading into Arrecife. If you got a bus from Puerto del Carmen to Arrecife you would be able to get off outside Deiland (not sure of the number though!). To be honest though, ths shops aren't great, you would be better of at Biosfera in PDC. In Deiland on the ground floor there is a pet shop, record shop, restaurant, newsagents, hardware store and a kids toy shop. On the second floor there is a shop that sells "fancy goods" - kind of household stuff, china, cutlery, bedding etc also on the second floor there is Body Shop (also in Biosfera), HiperDino (a big supermarket), a ladies clothes shop, a mans clothes shop, a florist, a hairdresser, a Kodac shop and two sports shop and then on the top floor, there is a stationary shop, an electrical shop and then the rest is restaurants - Burger King, Sandwich Shop, Icecream shop etc. If you are looking for decent shopping though you would be better going into Calle Leon y Castillo (or Calle Real as the locals call it) in Arrecife - much better shops and a better selection too. Hope this helps you! Enjoy your holiday and happy shopping!

Posted by: udda10 ()
Date: September 24, 2004 07:09PM

thanks for the info nicola, i'll have to buy a new suitcase for all the stuff i'll be bringing home!! cant wait for the hol now,only 6 more days!

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: September 25, 2004 07:05PM

If you don't have a car, don't bother with Deiland. The best places there are the Hyperdino supermarket (a large supermarket with a good range of stuff at normal prices) and the Heladeria / patisseria (icecreams and cakes), where you can get a decent cup of tea and snack. The other shops are pretty ordinary.

Shopping?
Posted by: Will ()
Date: September 27, 2004 12:55PM

What on earth are you planning to buy??

There is quite a good zara in Biosfera but it is smaller than the ones in the UK and only marginally cheaper, the electronics you have to be very careful about what you get - I cannot see what you need all these extra suitcases for!!

When my sister gets all her bargains at the Next at Gatwick!!

Re: Shopping?
Posted by: canarygal ()
Date: October 01, 2004 05:44AM

We loved the Dieland Mall and the shops are good - spent quite a bit of money there!!

I think it depends on what you want to buy, so that's why Barney & I disagree, but it is certainly worth a look smiling smiley

Posted by: samantha. ()
Date: October 08, 2004 04:59PM

I would suggest shopping at PDC more variety of shops. Deiland Mall can be expensive and you will end up spending more than you plan, it is worth a look though.

Sam

Posted by: Michael ()
Date: October 11, 2004 09:05PM

Deiland Centre is near Arreceife. I would suggest PDC as your best bet.

Posted by: FREELANCER ()
Date: August 06, 2009 12:41PM

Hi
Were is the Hyperdino center and how to I can reach it by car?
Eugene

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum