LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: ask me anything
Posted by: pete ()
Date: September 21, 2005 10:01AM

Winds - a certain yes

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: noeleen toland ()
Date: October 14, 2005 06:28PM

hi jade would you know where i can find the telephone number for blairs resaturant in pdc

noeleen

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: October 14, 2005 06:48PM

Afraid Jade is not here (and never has been) LOL

Blair's Restaurant

00 34 928 511 230

Bon appetite

Lynne

Posted by: Marga Mod ()
Date: January 31, 2006 11:45PM

If you´re looking for a custom designed wedding dress or you have an idea of hoe your dress SHOULD look on your big day .. Contact Marga Mod ... a local fashion designer, who can make your ´dress´ dreams a reality.

Some of my clients include Milagros Prats (Mrs Calero) , Roisin McSorley and the former Miss España, Helen Lindes.

You can also see some of my work at www.margamod.com

or call to make an appointment on (Español - 928 522497 ... English speaking 629 522 240)

Re: ask me anything- Help I'm in a panic
Posted by: fiona r ()
Date: February 02, 2006 10:18AM

Hi

Im due to travel to Lanzarote in two weeks with my young family. I booked in as a surprise Christmas pressie ages ago and everyone was thrilled. BUT......

2 days ago i got our tickets and on the ticket info which i read, it mentioned some contries require a 6 month validity on passports after travel... our passports have 1 month after we come back so panic set in........

The Spanish embassy say we dont need extended validity as lond as our passports are valid at the time of travel, the passport office said its nothing to do with them it up to the country of travel. The first time i rang the airport staff they said we did need the 6 months. The second time I rang them, the next person said no we didnt.I rang the travel agent, they said to be on the safe side get new ones.....which would mean me travelling a hour and a half to get to our nearest passport office within the next 2 days and spending nearly £400 as they would be emergency ones...which honestly i could do without..

I'm in a panic, what are the airport staff like at Lanzarote? do you know ,is Lazarote definatly Spain? I'm confused with it being a Canary island. If it is Spain which everyone says it is then I should be okay.

this is a tough one , can you help with any infomation? Please?

Regards, fiona

Posted by: Zannah ()
Date: February 02, 2006 11:13AM

Fiona

Yes the Canaries are definitely Spanish and if their Embassy says you are safe then I think you can happily assume you are.

I suspect it might be further flung, exotic destinations where the 6 month rule would bite....give the Airport bods a handy bribing opportunity I shouldn't wonder!!!! winking smiley

I am sure you will be OK...but someone else, I am sure, will know for absolutely definite on here.

ZP

Posted by: fiona r ()
Date: February 02, 2006 05:00PM

Hi Zannah

Thanks for your reply, I think places like the USA would be the problem areas, but I just hope I dont get someone at either airport who wants to push the issue.

I'm sure someone else must have experienced the same sort of thing before....and Im hoping they see and reply to this.

Thanks again
Fiona

Posted by: mick ()
Date: February 14, 2006 05:59PM

hi my names mick and would like has much information on renting/letting in the Costa teguise area for a long period of time. i have a partner Alyson who is two months pregnant and a daughter Luci jo and son called tee jay and dog called simba a little cross staff so much be pet friendly any ideas greatly appreciated

Posted by: chris shelley ()
Date: February 26, 2006 07:36PM

hi just wondering would you have the email address of the sun tropical village apts, playa blanca ??

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 30, 2006 12:26PM

Hi Jan regarding long term holiday accomadation i have plenty that will interest you. Just need to know where you think you might stay on the island, how many of you and what you require. I live on the island.

shane

Re long term accomadation
Posted by: Shane ()
Date: March 30, 2006 12:31PM

Hi Jan

ive lived on the island a number of years and have contacts regarding accomadation. You say you have a son and I know the school there is good I have children my self. Im sure if you wish I can arrange accomadation in Tias or Puerto Del Carmen which would be ideal for school and work.
All the best.

Re: Re long term accomadation
Posted by: coffin col ()
Date: March 30, 2006 05:27PM

sorrt shane, not long term.a month at xmas,on my tod knocking on a bit,after cheap digs,cheap beer,and better weather? can you help? also i'm alearner on this machine, dont no if you will get this message/ thans colin

Re: Re long term accomadation
Posted by: coffin col ()
Date: March 30, 2006 05:28PM

sorrt shane, not long term.a month at xmas,on my tod knocking on a bit,after cheap digs,cheap beer,and better weather? can you help? also i'm alearner on this machine, dont no if you will get this message/ thans colin

Posted by: Will ()
Date: June 07, 2006 04:39PM

???? Got your threads mixed up?

My passport took less than 2 weeks to renew - OK was back in Feb so quieter. Use the post office service where they send it direct. Costs a bit more but well worth it.

Posted by: Will ()
Date: June 07, 2006 04:55PM

Probably! But is it worth the risk? If you take it in tomorrow should have it back by end of July.

Or check spanish or british foreign offices websites. www.fco.gov.uk I think.

Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:42AM

well i'm going to lanza 2 weeks tomorrow(hurrah) and my passport had run out because i didn't think i was going to get away this summer so i went to a passport office and got it the same day - had to wait four hours, if it helps i went to germany in march when i had just two weeks left without any bother!

Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:42AM

well i'm going to lanza 2 weeks tomorrow(hurrah) and my passport had run out because i didn't think i was going to get away this summer so i went to a passport office and got it the same day - had to wait four hours, if it helps i went to germany in march when i had just two weeks left without any bother!

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum