LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

THE SUNBURNT ARMS COSTA TEGUISE IS A DUMP!
Posted by: kong ()
Date: January 17, 2005 07:43PM

i WENT WITH WITH MY WIFE FOR A QUIET PINT IN THE COSTA Teguise sea front pub called "THE SUNBURNT ARMS"

I would say to anyone holidaying in Costa Teguise to avoid the place like the plague.

The obnoxious women with the shoulder length trampy half bleached blond hair who is the waitress and works their, is a smelly,unwashed,arrogant disgrace.

Her idea of hospitality is to strut around like a mad idiot giving scolding looks at anyone who dares to pick up a menu without ordering any food . She slams dirty beer mats under your table if you heaven forbid dont do it yourself and is basically a right old COW!

Avoid this overpriced dump. Cost me nearly 4 euro,s for 1 pint of boddingtons as well.

NEVER AGAIN.

If the owner is reading this post then do your self a favour and boot the hag to the kerb while reducing yer prices might help as well.

Regards winking smiley

Re: THE SUNBURNT ARMS COSTA TEGUISE IS A DUMP!
Posted by: richardss"suntrap.com ()
Date: January 17, 2005 08:20PM

shes my nearest and dearest which means she stays.Got it pal

Posted by: big-D ()
Date: January 18, 2005 09:58PM

In my experience the Spanish bars are the best. The English, Scottish & especially Irish bars Know exactly how to rip you off.

Posted by: canarygal ()
Date: January 19, 2005 02:42AM

I would never drink in a pub with a name like that!! When in Spain .. etc etc!

Posted by: muzzisben ()
Date: January 23, 2005 01:43PM

to put things in to context, I ate and drank at the sunburnt arms last year, I had heard loads of people saying how good it is, I must say however that I was disappointed with the mixed grill and the sunday lunch that we had from there, the mixed grill was shabby and, shall we say, light on the amount of meat i got on the plate, and the sunday lunch was like a school dinner, but they must suit some people as a lot of people recomended it, must have lower expectations than me, I do think that personal abuse as observed in the original post is out of order and comments should be kept inpersonal and constructive.
cheers all
by the way, i go back in 5 weeks and may just pop in to the arms, see how it is now,
bye all

Posted by: carol ()
Date: January 27, 2005 09:06PM

thanx for the warning ive never been to costa before so all this is very useful

Posted by: Mags ()
Date: February 09, 2005 02:05PM

I was in the Sunburnt Arms in Jan 2005 and never saw the lady referred to in the original mail. However, I had a great time in there and the welcome from the staff could not have been better. Hello to Alan, Allan, and Ron. We will be back soon so keep the honey rum ready!

Posted by: Martyn ()
Date: March 08, 2005 05:38PM

Dude, get over yourself, we all have our bad days.. Maybe you should bear in mind that when working in bars you get ALOT of rude, obnoxious people that think the barman/maid are some kind of slave and give them the most appauling and un-deserved looks.

Maybe you should think about your actions whilst you were in there and see that maybe her actions were only reflecting in your own, i'm sure if i were her i'd have charged you more than four euros for a bodingtons and maybe gave you the waste from the drip tray.

Don't persist to name call, it's childish and pathetic, go grow up. smiling smiley

Posted by: Kerry Udall ()
Date: March 30, 2005 06:58PM

I was interested to read your very true observations. We have holidayed in Costa Teguise for the last 4 years and have always looked forward to a reasonably priced pint at the Sunburnt Arms with the fabulous view out to sea.

We have a daily routine - swim in sea, stroll back to apartment stopping at the Sunburnt Arms (spending quite a few euros every day as there 6 of us) on way back.

However, after just the first visit this time, our fingers were burnt and we never returned all holiday. The blonde lady you referred to put us off altogether.

The gentleman in charge was very pleasant and friendly and we had no cause for complaint with him at all. His partner (the blonde lady you referred to I take it), however was a different kettle of fish. She was rude, made us feel like SHE WAS DOING US A FAVOUR letting us spend our hard earned cash there. I had to bite my tongue to not ask her what her problem was!

Needless to say, the Sunburnt Arms didn't benefit from our custom after that. A great shame, as we've had some great lunchtimes there - but if the same lady is there this year - we won't be visiting them again.

Posted by: Will ()
Date: March 30, 2005 07:08PM

Lesson people - When in the canaries don't drink IMPORTED British alcohol unless you don't mind paying for it!!

Plus creamflow boddies is minging!! Why not wait a week or so for the real thing when you get home!!

Posted by: Margaret ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:33PM

To some point I must go along with Will,I feel some British pubs think because they are British,they are doing you a favore by being there!Not all of them,but attitudes have to change,remember we are the customer's.

Date: May 14, 2005 10:28PM

I was appalled to read about your complaint concerning a member of our staff some time ago now and I feel I should let you know that this staff member has long since been "relieved of her duties".

I would like to aplogise to anyone who may have had any bad experience in any way. I believe this was an isolated incident.

We have always prided ourselves on our friendly reputation as hundreds of customers each week would testify.

As far as being "overpriced", a pint of Boddingtons was NOT €4.00 but €3.30!!! which is a very competetive price as are all our prices for drinks and food.

But as others on the forum have pointed out to you, British & Irish Bars have to import products which of course will make it more costly than the local equivalent. However, we also sell local beers and spirits at prices in line with the Spanish bars too.

If you are ever in Costa Teguise again please give me the opportunity to apologise to you personally over your bad experience and I will be glad to buy you a pint of Boddies.

Kind regards

Kerry & Angela (Proprietors)

Posted by: mark ()
Date: May 15, 2005 09:55AM

well there you go all she gone, so no more bad talk about this pub, when i was there it was great place, so good on ya kerry & Angela hope this year good for you
mark

Posted by: Alex seeyouthere ()
Date: May 19, 2005 12:42PM

Hi Angela and Kerry

Never been in your pub and after reading this was going to avoid it.
But you showed some proffesionalisim in the way you have delt with this and that you do care what people think, you explaned it well, and am sure a lot of us understand this . As a business man myself your staff are the front line and if they let you down its up to the public to inform you, but if no one tells you whats going on then you cant implement change, all i can say is you convinced me and well i may nip over from pdc for a pint.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:07PM

Have had the odd pint there over the last few years.

Always been OK for me.

I love a happy ending.

Harry
x

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum