LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Jable Bermudas Apartments
Posted by: Jo ()
Date: May 24, 2005 03:15PM

Hi
I am staying in Jable/Bermudas apartments from 30th June for 2 weeks - anybody got any comments. I have read both good and bad but they seem to have been refurbed recently - is this true???
Thanks
Jo ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jable Bermudas Apartments
Posted by: Sarah30 ()
Date: May 25, 2005 06:31PM

Hi Jo

I stayed at the Jable Bermudas for 2 weeks in 2003.

We had the apartment right next to swimming pool so it was lovely to roll out of the door and straight onto a sunbed. The apartments was a one bedroomed but there was plenty of space and it was clean.

There were some apartments however over the road from the complex we were staying in - wouldn't really want to be in them - some lads we met were staying in the apartments over the road and actually had their apartment broken into one night and all their cd's and stereo were stolen.

They are about 10/15 mins walk from the centro atlantico and when you walk back after a night out or in the lanzarote sunshine they are up a bit of a hill but you can say that about alot of apartments in lanzarote.

I would stay there again but would request an apartment in the main complex. I fly out to the lanzarote 9th June - can't wait!!

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Sarah :-)

Date: May 25, 2005 09:40PM

Hey Sarah

Thanks for the info - have contacted the apartments and requested an apartment in the main complex, thanks for the tip!!

Have a fabby holiday.

Jo x

Posted by: Ole ()
Date: May 27, 2005 07:56PM

Jo,
I´m currently staying at the Jable Bermudas, they´re clean and tidy and well positioned for the Old Town (10 mins walk) and the strip (2 mins) but are up a fairly steep hill.
Sorry Sarah, but I don´t agree about having an apartment in the ´main ´block.
We´ve stayed there several times now and ALWAYS insist on a first floor room across the road from the main complex. The road isn´t busy, we´re only 30 secs from the pool, but being first floor it´s much much harder for anybody to break in (that goes for cockroaches also !). Also, we have a sea view, there´s only ground floor apts in the ´main´complex so more prone to break-ins, roaches and no sea view !
Ole

Date: May 27, 2005 09:35PM

Hey Ole

Thanks for the info. Think we will have to wait and see what they decide to allocate us when we get there!!

Hope you have a fabby time during the rest of your holibobs.

Jo xx

Posted by: amanda ()
Date: May 31, 2005 06:36PM

hey me and my friends are staying at the jable bermudas too. can i jus ask is the main complew the jables and the one over the road the bermudas becasue i am really confused . I ave read a lot of mixed reports and i am worried. I don't mind it being up a hill or noisy or anything but i jus want thenm to be comfortable and clean ...

i would appreciate any opinions amanda thanku xoxo

Date: May 31, 2005 09:42PM

Hey Amanda

As far as I can understand it, Jable is the complex with the pool and reception and Bermudas is the complex across the road. According to their website, they have all recently been refurbished. Their website is [www.apartamentos-jable.com]

Hope you have a fabby holiday.

Jo xx

Date: June 01, 2005 04:13PM

I'm not sure of the Jable vs Bermudas bit, I've never noticed any difference in naming of the different blocks ? But it IS clean and comfortable.
Ole

Posted by: Anne Marie ()
Date: June 02, 2005 02:36PM

Hi - I have been reading all the various comments with interest as we are booked in for 2 weeks on 23 June. Can everyone/anyone on their return please post up you comments - not only on appt - but best places to go - eat - drink - shop - excursions etc.

PS please let me know approx age groups in appt - I have a 13 year old son who I hope will meet in with kids his age and have a great holiday.

Bye

Anne Marie

Date: June 02, 2005 04:27PM

Anne-Marie,
The Jable doesn't specifically cater for kids, there's no entertainment and no kiddies pool. However that shouldn't be a problem for your 13 year old. The complex mainly attracts adults, but there's usually a few younger ones around. I don't know about end June though because it's during school term ?
For trips see [www.lutonstravel.com]
Jeep safaris [www.tamaran.com].
They're quite pricey, but not bad value really because you usually get a meal. If you plan to do a few consider hiring a car and doing it yourself.
Nearby bars / restaurants :-
Restaurants :-
El Quijote, opposite Jable reception inbetween 2 blocks.
Ponderosa, bottom of Cardiac Hill turn right 50 yards on right.
2 Chinese restaurants - Slow Boat and soemthing chopsticks ? Calle Doramas .
Old town, Maritimo on Calle Banjamer , Veradero, and Fondeadero on the harbour.
Bars,
Rendezvous Calle Doramas
Spanish Inn , Toby Jug, Tavern on left at bottom of Calle Doramas, or to the right, Sports Bar, Galleon and Linekers. Or try El Campesino next to reception for a Spanish Bar (nighttime only)
Also, the pool bar is one of the better ones I've used, well stocked bar and decent straight forward snacks.

Posted by: hayley ()
Date: June 13, 2005 08:37PM

Hi, i saw your message about the situation in the jable bermudas apartments about the best place to stay. I am staying there in august and would like to know how you got in touch with the apartments about requesting a room in the main apartment block. Have you found out any other information about the apartments because we want to know what it is like! Thanks!

Posted by: ole ()
Date: June 14, 2005 02:04PM

You can get more info and contact them via their web site www.apartamentos-jable.com

Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: June 15, 2006 06:04PM

hi

i've stayed in the jable too and in my personal opinion the apts across the road on the ist floor are they only ones too stay in, not only are they massive but you have a lovely sea view which you won't get in the main block. if you email them they are very good at allocating you to where u have requested

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum