LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: lanzarote headlines
Posted by: Zannah ()
Date: September 06, 2005 08:48PM

ole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will,
> ................a couple of times and my daughter was in
> the Hippodrome. Our paths must have virtually
> crossed. We should have met and had a drink and a
> proper face to face arguement ! lol
>
> > Ole

I know who MY money would have been on Kaiser...No NOT YOU!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scotty ()
Date: September 06, 2005 09:57PM

TUESDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2005

I have no news on the strike action im afraid, as ive stated before i only put on this thread the script that i have been given at the radio (sorry)

Temperatures soared to over 40c/110f yesterday as the western canary islands were caught in the grip of a mini heat wave. However, according to the met office, temperatures will begin to fall from today.

WEATHER THE ABOVE SAYS IT ALL, IT HAS BEEN A LITTLE COOLER TODAY, BUT AT 8.56PM ITS STILL AROUND 30C/86F

Posted by: pete ()
Date: September 07, 2005 12:26PM

Read this morning that the beach in front of C.C. Papagayo in Playa Blanca was closed off on Saturday and I think it still is, due to a break in the drainage system, resulting in flooding from the drain onto the beach. Despite the area cordoned off, some people still tried to get onto the beach!!!

Date: September 08, 2005 12:43AM

WEDNESDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2005

The cabildo has refused to award a tourist licence to a four star hotel in playa blanca. The rubicon palace hotel, which had been open since 2001, had its tourist licence refused because the actual hotel differs substantially from the original project which was used to apply for the licence. The hotels management have announced that they will appeal the decision.

WEATHER AT 23.45PM DARK SKIES 30C/86F

Posted by: Will ()
Date: September 08, 2005 12:29PM

Last couple of days much more pleasant - the wind is back up and cooling nicely.

Note - Ole - it is possible to have a good time in Carmen - just would never stay there!! Zannah - Kaiser?? Your mask has slipped I know who you are now!!

Scotty - who is the bloke who does the afternoons on UKaway? Does he try to sound like Alan Partridge or is it all natural?!!!!!

Have got last day blues!! Off to golfo for lunch then late flight home boo hoo!!

Date: September 08, 2005 03:58PM

It could be the captain if it was 12-2 or chev if it was 4-6, or me if its 6-8, alan partridge is my idol.......safe flt home.

Sorry news is now posted later on in the day, but thats because i dont do the breakfast show anymore, so i have no need to go to the studio before my tea time show.

Date: September 08, 2005 11:38PM

THURSDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2005

The iberia handling strike has now been called off til september the 13th, hopefully from now til then an agreement will be reached to bring this fiasco to an end.

WEATHER PARTYLY CLOUDY 29C/84F

Date: September 10, 2005 12:13AM

FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 2005

It was back to school for over 13,000 youngsters yesterday as the new term got underway for all of lanzarotes primary schools. The exception was playa hondas school, which, due to building works will open on the 19th, along with the islands secondry schools.

WEATHER FORECAST SATURDAY SUNNY 31C/90F

Date: September 10, 2005 12:17PM

SATURDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER 2005

This years wine harvest is one of the largest and best ever. Over 3.3 million grapes have been picked and the quality is the best since the year 2000. Lanzarote will produce nearly 3 million bottles of wine this year

WEATHER....OVERCAST, LOOKING GOOD FOR SUNDAY 28C/82F

Date: September 11, 2005 12:48PM

SUNDAY 11TH SPETEMBER 2005

Eight days of festivities, which take place in mancha blanca, started yesterday and will end next weekend when 40 thousand pilgrims and revellers are expected. Over 200 police officers and stewards will provide security for the festival which is known as 'los dolores'

WEATHER OVERCAST 27C/84F

Posted by: JaneH ()
Date: September 12, 2005 11:31AM

Scotty I met one of your colleagues whilst staying at Las Brisas last week. His name was Steve Owen. and yes we tuned into your station whislt driving around . Keep up the great work.

Date: September 12, 2005 12:26PM

Jane, thankyou very much, its so easy for people to say negative things, but its real nice when people like you, go and make a point by saying nice things.
Hope you enjoyed your holiday, i havent heard steve sing yet, but im told hes doing ok

Date: September 13, 2005 12:04AM

Sorry guys and girls, left news script at the studio. no news is good news

Posted by: steve ()
Date: September 13, 2005 02:15AM

Any more news on the baggage handlers strike?

Thanking you in advance

Steve

Date: September 13, 2005 10:54PM

TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2005

A survey by la caixa bank has indicated that the average person in lanzarote spends over 1,500 euros each year on essential foodstuffs. That is 300 euros more than the average in las palmas.
No news about the strike action steve, i know the deadline was today, and as yet im not sure if an agreement has been made.

WEATHER SUN AND CLOUDS 27C/80F

Date: September 15, 2005 12:35AM

WEDNESDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER 2005

The number of tourists visiting lanzarote in the first eight months of 2005 was up by 2% on the same period last year.
According to lanzarote's hoteliers and tourist establishment association, ASOLAN, the average tourist occupation this year has been 75%

Regarding the baggage handlers strike, tommorow is the last day of the postponement of the strike, so hopefully this matter may have been resolved, i will keep you posted as soon as i know more.

WEATHER SUNNY SKIES ALL THE WAY 29C/84F

Date: September 15, 2005 11:44PM

THURSDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2005

The cabildo plans to make an inventory of all the mobile telephone masts on the island with a view to studying the effect they have on the health of residents.
The move comes after two residents from guatiza, who live near one of the masts, were diagnosed as having cancer.

WEATHER SUNNY SKIES 29C/ 84F

Date: September 16, 2005 09:37PM

FRIDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER 2005

The industrial dispute between iberia and its ground staff in lanzarote airport is still deadlocked.
Over a week after workers called a truce to see if a negotiated solution could be achieved both sides are still no closer to a final solution. Ground staff have, however, agreed not to take any industrail action until next week at the earliest.

WEATHER SUNNY AGAIN 30C/86F

Posted by: pete ()
Date: September 19, 2005 01:56PM

Scotty, any further update as a result of the meeting. When is industrial action likely to restatr this week?

Date: September 19, 2005 11:01PM

MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2005

Iberia ground staff, who are locked into a long running dispute with the airline, have announced the suspension of industrial action until after thursday the 22nd of september.

The move was taken as a good will gesture to allow negotiations to continue un-hindered.

WEATHER PARTLY CLOUDY 30C/86F

Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum