LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Radio in Lanzarote. The truth the whole truth.
Posted by: dk the dj ()
Date: September 16, 2005 03:22AM

So you want to know about radio in lanzarote. Ask away. The original two guys who started British radio off in Lanzarote have now both very sadly passed away.Eric Corrie in 97 I believe and Anthony Harrison only last December.Two nicer and kinder gentlemen you could never wish to have met. Jules Weakly now of Power Fm Fame originally worked with them both some 13 years ago on Radio Volcan and later on radio Litoral which is where i worked with them about 10 years ago. Some five years ago I was invited to set up uk away by Roger Deign and worked on my own for some 15 months[purchased the equipment and got the aerials up etc] before managing to persuading Jules that it was actually for real.The Captain was the very first person to join the team followed by Al King.Michael J Howard the Hypnotist used to do a very fine blues show for us in those days.Who remembers Anna Kai.Leroy came on board about a year after we started. Did a fine job on the weekend show. At first we only broadcast till 8 in the evening. Toilets someone mentioned. We had to run to the school or go out the back for the 1st year and a half I think. Air conditioning. hohoho hahaha. You couldnt breathe.Any other questions .I will confer with Jules if I cant remember. Worth noting that one of the people we originall employed was a guy called Steve Kurtz. Now a presenter on holidayfm. Contrary to what some people would have you believe holiday fm is not all pre recorded by the way.Anything else ask away.

Re: Radio in Lanzarote. The truth the whole truth.
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: September 17, 2005 03:56PM

That was a long one Dick

Your share helpful to me, thank you so much!
Posted by: xng18 ()
Date: August 15, 2014 03:51AM

Posted by: xng18 ()
Date: August 15, 2014 03:51AM

moncler
cheap moncler
moncler jacke

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum