LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Climatised pool
Posted by: Radar ()
Date: October 28, 2005 10:00PM

Off to Playa Pocollos Apartments a week on Sunday 6th Nov.
When booking the blurb said "Climatised Pool" Don't know if I spelled that right but never mind. Anyone been to these apartments and can set my mind at rest.
If the pool is not warm the 2 year old with my party will not be allowed into the kiddies pool by my daughter and the kid will go spare for two weeks.

So any info would be a help to us

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Climatised pool
Date: October 31, 2005 09:14PM

Thanks Angie and Celtygirl Blurb about the apartments say heated then further down say Climatised.

By the way Celty, is that Pronounced Keltygirl or Celtygirl as in Scotland your name means two different things.

are you irish or a Bhoyo.

no probs with either just being nosey.

Posted by: Will ()
Date: October 31, 2005 11:59PM

Why can't children swim in unheated pools?

Does that include the sea?!!!

I'd have words with your daughter.

THe temp of an unheated pool in the canaries will be over 20C.

Never harmed anyone!

Date: November 01, 2005 12:58AM

Hi will,
stayed at the Plaza Palmeras in January this year the kids stayed pretty much out of the pool as it was freezing.

My daughter stayed at the Ficus in CT in May and that pool was freezing as well,
Booked this apartment over other ones in the area as this apartment mentions climatised or heated pool.

I may have gone to apartments with particularly cold pools . The staff who maintain the pools at the several apartments I have stayed at over the last few years all say pools in lanza are pretty much the same (cold)

On a lighter note if the pools in lanza are so warm then why did a couple from Brum have to go for a dip in the pool because they lost a bet, makes you wonder.

Bye the way she won't be going in the sea, You must have noticed the fish never get out to go to the toilet. LOL

Posted by: dk the dj ()
Date: November 01, 2005 02:02AM

for gods sake

no bloody pool here is freezing.

get a life

Posted by: dk the dj ()
Date: November 01, 2005 02:09AM

read wills post . hes right. what do people expect here. Playa pocillos is a lovely little place. My personal friends have stayed there several times.. great little pool bar and great little pool.But Bloody hell what do they want . BATH temperatures. Get real.

Posted by: dkthedj ()
Date: November 01, 2005 02:23AM

What will should have stated is that the temperature of ANY unheated pool will be 20,c minimum. Except in cases of extremely cold weather for a long period of time. That never ever happens here. So basically your pool is always going to be something above cold. Obviously different people have different ideas as to what is cold. In britain or anywhere else in europe if you swim regularly all year round you obviously do it in an indoor heated pool. Hence if you dive in an outdoor pool here in Lanzarote in November you think it a tad on the cold side.please take that into consideration. To us that live here or those that holiday here several times a year its just fine.What do you reckon Will

Date: November 01, 2005 10:25AM

I reckon kids of today are soft because there parents spoil them!!!

If and its a pretty bloody big if by the sounds of things - any of your kids want to swim for their schools counties etc. they will have to get used to colder pools. Majority of proper race pools are much cooler than leisure pools.

I remember my first race meet in the 1980s aged 8 diving into an outdoor pool in North Wales in May. Now that was properly cold.

You should introduce Children to water asap - and teach them to swim by 4 or 5 - in Australia virtually all kids can swim by then because of the danger of them falling into outdoor pools etc.

Denying your 2 year old access to the water is actually bad parenting.

Posted by: Penfold! ()
Date: November 01, 2005 11:45AM

CG - you've slipped down in my estimations, my dear. A bluenose - Oh dear!

I've never found a problem with pools etc in lanza as it is just lovely to cool off!!!

HAVE FUN!

Posted by: Penfold ()
Date: November 01, 2005 11:55AM

No I follow the team thats slowly turning into the russian national team (the old Jambo's)

Did I tell you that its only 16 days until I go!!!!!!

HAVE FUN!

Posted by: Penfold ()
Date: November 01, 2005 12:25PM

The old folks own a property out there (so it helps only having to get flights!)

In my own wee world I think I'm famous!!!!

Have Fun!

It will only be 15 days to go tomorrow!!!!

Date: November 01, 2005 01:12PM

But you can't do lengths because you get to hot!

In the heatwave back last year and also early sept this year even unheated pools weren't cool enough.

I swim in the unheated pool at La Perla every morning when I'm there at 9 am ish without fail! OK its a bit parky in January but regardless of how much you drank the previous night it perks you up!

Date: November 01, 2005 05:26PM

Hi will thanks for your comment about not letting your kid go into a pool even if it's freezing, bad parenting or not, as the 2 year old is my grandaughter and not my daughter I have to respect my daughters wishes or maybe you disagree

Can assure you my 2 year old spent most of the summer in a large unheated pool in the next door neighbours garden.

This is in central Scotland so being cold is a way of life for us.

When you go on holiday I like to take off the hair shirt and spoil myself and my family and freezing my n*ts off in a cold pool is not my idea off fun.

Oh bye the way Celtygirl so am I.

Realy enjoy the comments of everyone whether I agree or not as opinions are like a*holes everybody's got one.

Date: November 01, 2005 05:36PM

Radar - when posting the bad parenting bit it was in refernece to ensuring that Children can swim at the earliest age possible (regardless of water temperature)

My girlfriend who is from California told me that one of the biggest causes of death for kids under 5 is from drowning in neighbours swimming pools. Becasue of this most kids over there and in Oz can swim as soon as they can walk.

Kids will drown in water whatever the temperature.

Freezing?? Its all relative! I am hardly going to spoil my holiday because the water temperature is 1 or 2 degrees below the comfort level.

Date: November 01, 2005 05:55PM

will- The 2 year old is a real water baby and my daughter who is 6 mths pregnant will probably lighten up when she has the other baby, it's probably a first time mother thing and I hope she gets over it.

The 2 year old would go into water in the arctic and refuse to come out but who is going to argue with a mother over what she should allow her child to do, Not me I'm to much of a coward and I respect her call right or wrong as long as Rhiannan is ok (can't keep calling her the 2 year old we are on first name terms).

thanks for the comments

Posted by: Dottie ()
Date: November 01, 2005 06:37PM

I learnt to swim in the sea - many years ago & tend to agree with Angie, but anything above 24 will do!!

Trouble is, when you are hot in the Lanza sun the pool at 20-22 feels a lot colder!! As I like to 'walk'in to a pool it can often take me hours to fully submerse winking smiley yawning smiley

LOL

Posted by: pete ()
Date: November 02, 2005 03:36PM

"still at least it saves you and Pete from witnessing my pair disturbing your peace in restaurants!!"
1. No objections to children in restaurants who are under the control of their parents (that's always assuming the parents can control themselves), many who should take a lot of Italians, Spanish, French, etc., as examples.
2. I do not really believe you let your kids run riots in restaurants, be they in hotels, or private?
As you take your children to health and fitness clubs, that should quieten them dow.

I for one appreciate the local culture such as on New Year's Eve, when 2,3 or 4 generations of the same family dine out to celebrate, and have never witnessed riotous kids then.

Posted by: dkthedj ()
Date: November 03, 2005 01:24AM

amazing the conversation that comes from whether a pool is hot or cold,aint it my dears.

xxxx dk

Date: November 03, 2005 03:51PM

Is this a record I started this thread by asking if anyone knew if a climatised pool was heated or not. 31 replies later after fall outs apologies some banter and a couple of laghs, the original question still stands is a climatised pool hot or not.

Bet this starts a stushie.

Date: November 03, 2005 04:01PM

31 replies is nothing!!

In my opinion a climatised pool is one which is heated by the climate with possible additional help from solar power.

ie. warmer than a pool that is totally unheated but cooler than one which has dedicated heating.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum