LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: What is the best restaurant in PDC?
Posted by: Pamela ()
Date: February 22, 2006 07:56PM

Hi Carol, were off To lanzarote in June. Blair's is good that is my Boyfriend's uncles's restaurant so keep recommending it.
Pamela

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2006 10:43AM

best place to eat in pdc is la cabana just moved to bigger location in the old town.lots of locals eat here...food is brill.la canada is good to...by centro...madonna ate here a few years ago.best resteraunts though are not in carmen..mostly for tourists..steak and chips every night..try tias and macher
and if stuck go to mcdonalds

Posted by: bbbb ()
Date: February 23, 2006 06:00PM

Oz,

Are you saying that the restaurant gives horses for courses - is it a French restaurant ?

Posted by: Zannah ()
Date: February 24, 2006 10:18AM

Oz

OMG!!!!

WASH your mouth out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZP

Posted by: tigertone ()
Date: March 08, 2006 12:35PM

Hi, just found this site when searching for La Cabana ( a favourite from past visits) - can someone tell me where they've moved to, please?

Posted by: Tom ()
Date: March 08, 2006 01:58PM

I beleive La Cabana is now situated where Isla Los Lobos restuarant was, further down Calle Teide towards the harbour.

Posted by: tigertone ()
Date: March 08, 2006 05:06PM

Many thanks - will be visiting (with some trepidation after viewing comments on this site!) next week. As fans (over several years) of their original restaurant, it'll be interesting to compare...

Posted by: mark ()
Date: March 09, 2006 11:10PM

hi tigertone....
don't worry about visiting the new la cabana (now called casa cabana).. kim and jeremy are still fantastic as ever, we were ther a few days ago and be reassured the menu hasn't changed that much !!! and the service is as great as ever ....try the beef wellington !!! FAB!! ENJOY..........

where is La Canada in PDC?
Posted by: Jemma ()
Date: March 11, 2006 11:23AM

Can anyone direct me to this one?

anyone in lanzarote summer 06
Posted by: sofie ()
Date: March 11, 2006 01:52PM

Just wanted to ask any teenagers in playa blanca summer 06? round begining of aughust?

Re: anyone in lanzarote summer 06
Posted by: little mo ()
Date: March 11, 2006 02:23PM

Hi,

I have just returned with hubby from our second visit to Lanzarote. I found this forum last year and read with interest the 'places to eat' pages.
I think I can now make some form of contribution based on what I read before.

Blairs is really really good, ate there more than once.
La Canada was very ordinary and pricy. Agree all the comments on disinterested staff.
Bodecas was the best we came across.
Casa Cabana was a huge diasppointment after all the hype on this forum. Pricy and small portions. Food average.
The Magnolia was good but the queues put us off. Worth another visit definitely.
Casa Ma Benito. Best steaks, reasonable prices but little else.
Bahaia - good but same as Casa Ma Benito.

Going again later this year so will try to broaden our horizons .

Mo.

Posted by: pebbles ()
Date: March 20, 2006 01:35PM

Well ,well, well have you tried the Tomate near the Craig and Creol....very very tasty food and ideal for a romantic night out...bit pricey so but why not treat yourself!You would have to reserve a table so.
ENJOY!!!

Posted by: Erin ()
Date: March 20, 2006 05:42PM

i have been to pdc for the last 5 years and i have enjoyed most restraunts but my fave is a mexican place across from the beach near tropicana club/bar

erin

Posted by: Ole ()
Date: March 20, 2006 05:57PM

Erin,
Do you mean the Tropical bar - just past Centro Atlantico ? I think you probably do especially as there's a Mexican near it. I've walked past it hundreds of times but not eaten there yet, maybe I'll give it a go next time .
Ole

Posted by: erin ()
Date: March 20, 2006 06:06PM

ole,
yeah i do mean there just shows you what i remember lol you should try that mexican place there it is to die for.

erin

Posted by: ole ()
Date: March 20, 2006 06:13PM

Funilly enough if we want a Mexican we have to walk past that one to go the the one we use. El Charro ? or something like that, further up in Centro Aquarius (on the beach side towards San Antonio.)
Ole

Posted by: Will ()
Date: April 04, 2006 01:52PM

Really - my fave restaurant Bodega in Uga - just beyond the salmon ahumaderia? Cool!!

Well he should recognise me - as I was there with my Grandparents only two weeks ago!! In fact from the reception my grandparents received they are very much on first name terms with your father!!

Can you find out what is the liquor they serve after the meal - its possibly blackberry or black cherry. It is very sweet. And are they closing in June/July again this year?

Posted by: tom68 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 04:21PM

Best one for me is La Cabana in Macher (about 10 mins out of PDC) Small but fab. You must book. The thai squid was the best I have ever eaten and the homemade desserts were to die for!!! I had my birthday there last year and they made it really special. Thanks guys!!!

Posted by: Knight_of_Nee ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:10PM

Thai squid sounds interesting tom, I'm going to have to try that this year.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:53PM

La CabaƱa in Macher gets really great reviews!
My mouth is watering now at the sound of that squid - just like yours is, Knight of Nee!

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum