LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: What is the best restaurant in PDC?
Posted by: Get Real ()
Date: November 09, 2005 02:20PM

The castillo ? The castle with the museum? that the place u mean?As u drive out near harbour?

Gotta disagree Pete. The castle has a superb setting and looks the part but on closers inspection its a standard canarian restaurant with HUGE overpricing. The waiters (at least 10 of them ) run around like headless chickens when there is but maybe 2 tables to serve while sporting cinema usherette style attire .

The place suck,a huge dissapointment. I been several times over the years thinking maybe next time it will be better but it never is. Posh toilets though if u need a pee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pete ()
Date: November 09, 2005 02:30PM

Hmmmm, the two luches I had there were excellent, must have caught them at a good time. Also, the service was good on those times also.

Posted by: ole ()
Date: November 09, 2005 03:18PM

I don’t make any apology for PDC, I merely try to redress the untruths you tell about it. There are people who visit this site who are looking for genuine advice and even by your own inconsistent admission you’ll agree that – for example – PDC beach is not, as you once described “A strip of mud” , nor – for example- should it be “cleaned everyday because it gets so grubby dare I say due to the clientele.” Etc, etc, etc.
Nor is it Blackpool nor a sh*thole and I don’t know what ‘pikey’ means nor what a ‘chav’ is, some sort of personal insult aimed at people not a superior as yourself I assume.
As for my only recommendation ? Well I did actually concur with Chrissy’s recommendations, so what’s with the ‘only’ bit ? How have I avoided the question ?
And as for recommending La Canada, well does the fact that it’s closed for a refit make a bad place ?
As for it being a ‘place to be seen’ well I wouldn’t know about that, I don’t mix with people who make such judgments on others – except of course if you include certain self opinionated contributors to this thread.
And finally, your claim that……
“theres no where in PDC that you would make a journey to”
So why do YOU make visits there and pay a hefty taxi for the privilege ?

As I’ve said, I’m not singing the praises of PDC, just trying to give it a fair representation.

Ole

Date: November 09, 2005 03:31PM

It was the advertisements by La Canada that read "the place to be seen", as previously mentioned "Don't know if publicity for La Canada is the same now as it used to be, but a couple of years ago, it said "the place to be seen"." and not my comment or observation.
Self opinionated - yep, hold my hand up there and proud of it, let's stamp on the underlings.
Mix with people who make judgement on others - yep, (don't most people make judgements), but wish to stress I am not one of Tony's "boys" who always knows best, just know what I like best.

Posted by: Will ()
Date: November 09, 2005 04:03PM

I have told you many times Ole why I go to PDC normally once during a two week stay - I will have dinner at Bodega in Uga then head on for a night out on the tiles in PDC. I do like the occasional blow out! But the place isn't big enough to do every night!

Posted by: Paula_99 ()
Date: November 10, 2005 12:08PM

Burger King!

lol Joking Joking

there was lots of nice restuarants cant remember their names!

xx

Posted by: kaz ()
Date: November 10, 2005 12:30PM

la cascada without a doubt

Posted by: ammg ()
Date: November 10, 2005 07:53PM

I've spent 6 long years studying and I'm told time and time again to "read the question" - this was a simple little question and it seems to have got a lot of people hot under the collar (not my intention)

I've been to PDC a good few times and just want to know if I'm missing out on the best places to eat - I don't expect haute cusine (I think that's how it spells - no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong winking smiley)

Posted by: Will ()
Date: November 11, 2005 10:35AM

Cuisine luv!

Posted by: Amanda ()
Date: November 11, 2005 10:18PM

Was n PDC n october.. best restaurant had t b CHIQUITOS!! grinning smiley brill and prompt service.. went there a few times! also lanis are very good! x

Posted by: Get Real ()
Date: November 12, 2005 08:15PM

Its called a TAXI. You get in one in said town, state restaurant of choice and in under 5 minutes will arrive in comfort for about 3 euros at said venue.

winking smiley

Date: November 13, 2005 10:37AM

Try Paginas Amarillas [www.paginas-amarillas.es]

Date: November 15, 2005 07:24PM

As I was saying!

Date: November 15, 2005 08:03PM

I am a tit please ignore me from now on .

Posted by: Nume ()
Date: January 02, 2006 05:11PM

Iam Norwgian and come to Lanzarote many times.
The best restauarant in Old town is Casa Bodecos, real home cooking and excellant choice for vegetarians. My favorite is Meatballs in a wild mushroom sauce, simmilar to norwegian food,and wonderful potato pancake. The owner Bo is very friendly and good looking too.My wife loves her sense of dress elegant and very sexy. Boys eat your heart out.
And if you like fresh fish direct from fishermen themselves is Mardeleva with a beautiful view and lovely staff.

Enjoy

Posted by: big-D ()
Date: January 08, 2006 01:27AM

Ate at La Canada 2 weeks ago. The food is excellent but pricey.
It is certainley a place you can get "dressed up" for.

Posted by: dixie d ()
Date: January 10, 2006 07:32PM

big d iwas at the la canada about 5 weeks ago and agree with all you say, one futher point you need three courses to fill you up.PS i still have the bill i will post it shortly

Date: January 13, 2006 07:21PM

this is the bill for la canada dated 8/12/05

2 bottle water 5.00
3 jarre beer 8 70
1 championones 7 50 stuffed mushrooms
1 fish soup 5 50
1 steak diane 13 50
1 neck of lamb 14 50

2 pan 1 50
2 flambepineapple 11 00
total 70 44 euro
comments please

Date: January 13, 2006 07:27PM

further point on resteraunts on the posts i dont think anybody as mentioned it the best resteraunt i think in pdc is the la casa del parmigianno 3 times there in 14 days. followed by blairs twice

Date: January 13, 2006 07:33PM

Assuming the beers and waters were large ones, not a bad price.

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum