LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: What is the best restaurant in PDC?
Posted by: ammg ()
Date: January 13, 2006 09:08PM

I've just come back from a week in PDC and I have to say there were a lot of fine eating experiences but nothing that stands head and shoulders above any other

We were in

Blairs
La Canada
La Cascada Puerto
Bodeco
The Magnolia

If we go back again I would like to try Quintins (beside Blairs) - Irish owned and looks very nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: January 13, 2006 10:32PM

Re the prices at La Canada.

a tad on the expensive side I would say. 5.50 for pineapple flambé is a bit overpriced as were the starters.

But I don't mind paying a bit more for a meal if it is good, so if you thoroughly enjoyed it, the price is somewhat irrelevant (within reason of course).

Lynne

Posted by: Rob28 ()
Date: January 14, 2006 10:46AM

Am off to PDC old town next week and have been many times before (last there in Oct 05). Whereabouts are

Blairs
La Canada
La Cascada Puerto
The Magnolia

located as I do not know them but will try them (I have seen The Magnolia and Blairs but I cannot think where they are and I guess La Cascada Puerto must be by the port). My favourites are Puerto Bahia and La Cabana, now Casa Cabana.

Cheers

Rob

Posted by: Rob28 ()
Date: January 15, 2006 02:49PM

Thanks Lanzfan will give them a go next week.

Posted by: trish ()
Date: January 20, 2006 05:02PM

Hi Does anyone know of any decent Chinese Restaurants in PDC

Posted by: dixie d ()
Date: January 21, 2006 02:33PM

hi trish in pdc cant go wrong with the new world past posts have highlighted this most strongly.

Posted by: Carol A ()
Date: January 22, 2006 08:30AM

blairs in at 25e avenida juan carlos. excellent food and service from owner keith rankin and his staff. prices were reasonable for quality of food. very posh restuarant next door called quintins but haven't tried it yet, maybe this year.

Posted by: dixie d ()
Date: January 22, 2006 10:14AM

i might be wrong but last year i think blairs owner and quintins owner were an item,late 2004 i am on about and i think they have gone there seperate ways or have they.

Posted by: Trish ()
Date: January 22, 2006 07:52PM

Thanks dixie d i will definitely try there

Posted by: ole ()
Date: January 23, 2006 05:10PM

Those prices at La Canada are more expensive than most places, but it's a mark above most other restaurants and is slightly more of a formal. From my only visit I'd say is still value for money, the food was excellent.
After all this prices are still cheaper than an average high street restaurant in the UK - in fact UK prices would probably be those quoted above, but in £ sterling .

Ole

Posted by: foggy ()
Date: January 26, 2006 03:49PM

The best restaurants are the ones that DON'T offer chicken nuggets and chips, fish finger and chips, sausages and chips etc for kids.

Why don't the restaurants realise that kids don't live off pizzas, chicken nuggets, fish fingers etc

Just offer them the same menu as an adult, but smaller portions (for a cheaper price).

My kids eat everything, and will try everything - thats probably because we don't feed them with processed crap at home.

Comments on here include 'where can I take my kids, as they only eat chips.... etc' - absolute bullsh*t - its probably because you can't be bothered to cook them anything that doesnt come from a bag in the freezer.

Posted by: pete ()
Date: January 26, 2006 06:04PM

"Why don't the restaurants realise that kids don't live off pizzas, chicken nuggets, fish fingers etc
Just offer them the same menu as an adult, but smaller portions (for a cheaper price)."
- but most good restaurants do. In addition, some also serve chicken and fish nuggets, albeit their own version which tends to be chunks of chicken in breadcrumbs and not the pulverised crap, water inflated junk that is sold elswhere.
If you have been to a restaurant that serves chicken or fish croquettes, which are "home made" and just watch the kids eat those (and the adults).

Posted by: ole ()
Date: January 30, 2006 04:56PM

I have to agree with pete, just because a restaurant serves kiddies alternatives such as nuggest and fish fingers etc doesn't itself make it a bad restaurant.

Also, what you might class as 'good restaurant food' isn't necessarily healthy either.

Ole

Date: January 30, 2006 05:42PM

When I referred to the "chicken or fish croquettes", these were a starter item on the menu of a couple of restaurants I visit, which although they do not have "kiddies alternatives", such items are appealing to children it seems and the benefit being the contents and weaning children onto an adults menu.
What's in a name, "nuggets or croquettes", it's the contents that matter.

Posted by: happymunching ()
Date: January 30, 2006 06:37PM

if you want good english food and lots of it there is a bar/restarant in the old town called bagleys fishermans inn all the staff are really freindly and the food is really really good and well priced i know when you go on holiday you dont want english food but the home comforts are certainly there!

Date: January 30, 2006 07:33PM

C, I agree, and it's aprt of kid's education.

Posted by: Ellis Empire ()
Date: February 07, 2006 06:45PM

Oz, I think you probably were just unlucky with your inaugural trip to Casa Cabaña...but at the same time we could have been in the minority and got lucky on our only visit. Thought the food was good and pleasant atmosphere. Only ate at their other place once and, again, food was decent.

La Cañada - was impressed with the food there, slightly pricey, but the service was poor. Waiters seemed moody and efficient to the point of being rude. With both our main courses they took the liberty to change the accompaniments noted in the menu without informing us.

I've heard great things about the food at Bodecos but, given that the guy who runs it is among the most objectional people I've ever met, I'd sooner eat at MacDonalds. That may sound petty, but I can't stomach the thought of giving that obnoxious **** any of my cash.

La Casona de yaiza (just behind the main street, on the left) is well worth the effort if you're prepared to drive - but not sure about the round trip cab fare for an evening meal.
Quintins is probably the best place I've eaten in Lanzarote. Cheap n cheerful, I'd choose the Italian upstairs next to American Indian cafe or Grapevine next door to Mucky Duck in PdC.

Posted by: Ellis Empire ()
Date: February 08, 2006 04:09PM

Goor point Oz re the Four Seasons - I was going to mention that place but had forgotten the name. Only been there once, though friends of ours are regulars. Initially I thought his banter was good fun, giving everyone at the table a Hollywood name and then pratically ordering for you. It was plank steak or bust!
However, later on he genuinely became an arse. He forgot our wine order and, when I reminded him, he tried to blame almost everyone else in our party for his oversight rather than accepting it'd slipped his mind. One of the girls, following his earlier lead, then referred to him as Charlie Chan - which he got the right hump over, rather than taking it in the spirit he'd instigated previously!

I suppose we're different in that you seem to put food above all else when it comes to a night out; I see it more as a package deal where service is an equally important ingredient for an enjoyable evening.

Where is La Canada in PDC
Posted by: Jemma ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:50PM

Going to PDC in March - ate in Quintins when it was open - great food but service was the worst I've ever had. Never heard of Blairs which I'll try.

I really like Montmartre for atmosphere and food in El Tomate is good as long as you can get table downstairs.

Can anyone tell me where La Canda is in PDC. Also I got a recommendtion for La Cabana in Macher - is this the one discussed on the boards which has now changed?

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 17, 2006 07:04PM

Jemma

La Cabaña in Macher is a different restaurant. The other one is in the old town PDC whereas the one you mentioned is near to the petrol station in Macher on the main road from PDC to Playa Blanca.

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum