LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
bars and beer
Posted by: deano ()
Date: November 11, 2005 09:28PM

to all you lanzaholics ive found in the past the draught lager to be rather indiffrent,ie the dorada to be p--- poor or is it to many owners not keeping it properly.I dont want to come over and drink bodds john s i can get that at home ,is there any other draughts i should be looking out for or even good german bars PS the golden corner cocktails lovely as they are is a bit pricy all night,pps bodega tapas bar looks to have a good selection of beers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bars and beer
Posted by: tracie n ()
Date: November 18, 2005 05:19AM

estrella damm is excellent, its a good strong spanish beer, only available throughout spain and the canary islands.

Posted by: pete ()
Date: November 18, 2005 08:36AM

Can also be purchased in this Country, see [www.beersofeurope.co.uk]

Posted by: dkthedj ()
Date: November 20, 2005 01:49AM

Hi Deano.
If you would like a good large Dorada on tap, I would suggest you try los Robles.Its a spanish owned bar on the front in Playa Honda. Frequented by many of the resident brits.I,ve been using it for 10 years. Lovely grub,good beer and you DONT get ripped off. catch you there.

dk

Posted by: jean ()
Date: November 20, 2005 01:53AM

Hi, Should I try Playa Honda on nxt visit, sounds good,especially the Lager !

Date: November 20, 2005 06:38PM

dk might just pop in to see you tell me though is playa honda just one big housing complex or are we missing out on somthing.

Posted by: dkthedj ()
Date: November 21, 2005 12:32AM

hi deano.
Playa Honda is indeed a residential area that is not designed with tourists in mid. However while you are here on your hols have a walk around as you will certainly find some nice places to eat and drink there with the added advantage of only being charged spanish local prices.
i have mentioned a few on other threads here but if you want any more info please ask. Los Robles certainly worth a visit just to meet Carmelo the mad waiter

dk

Posted by: Will ()
Date: November 21, 2005 10:47AM

I find the beer fine - its the cleanliness of the place selling it thats the problem. Just the same as the UK.

The golf club does lovely Cruzcampo in frozen glasses.

I've had minging stuff off all brews because its been sat in the lines too long or the lines are dirty.

Posted by: Paula_99 ()
Date: November 22, 2005 11:11AM

I've never been to that Golden Corner cocktail place what is it like? ppl say the cocktails are lovely but everywhere sells cocktails what the difference? xx

Date: November 23, 2005 02:38PM

hi paula nothing different about the cocktails from elsewhere but all the barmen who serve there put a lot of effort in with the punters,its a nice chilled relaxing drink while watching all go buy enjoy.

The Golden Corner
Posted by: Nicki ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:08PM

Hi fellow lanzarote fans!! I am just back from my 9th trip to Lanzarote and as usual spent most of my time in the Golden Corner!! The guys ares sooooooo gorg and they are really nice, friendly and funny!! My fave was Gaston (long hair,blue eyes). Also gorg was Salvatore and Jordy and of course Pablo!! Hubba Hubba. There is def a website somewhere as I've been on it years ago but I can't bloody find it for the life of me!!

Would one of you lovely people going over soon please please please pop in and ask if there is one and also get the address as I have photos I need to send over!! That would be great!

Whats this about an American Indian bar and a group called and a really good group that everyone is raving about? (Can't remember the name of it now) Going to Canada in May but back to PDC in Sept/Oct for 2 weeks def!!

Later Nickixx

Re: The Golden Corner
Posted by: Nohj ()
Date: January 24, 2006 08:49PM

Golden Corner great. The manager is very friendly we spend most nights there. They always give us free drinks at the end of the night. Phew always cant stand up hic. Just come back on 19th Jan 06 great going again next Jan 07

Posted by: helpfulharry ()
Date: January 25, 2006 01:30PM

Golden Corner is a lovely bar, cocktails are ok, if you ask nicely you might get an extra sparkler..... be careful though on certain special occasions they put the outrageous prices up even more as you sit there.

Posted by: will ()
Date: January 28, 2006 11:58PM

Try Reina Oro lager if you can get your hands on it. Brewed in Tenerife and is a natural lager with no chemicals in it. Tastes a bit like czech beer. Agree about Dorada though, a good drink.
Tropical is best avoided in my book, an utter waste of drinking time.

Posted by: Ellis Empire ()
Date: February 02, 2006 04:21PM

Spot on, I'd agree that Reina is the best lager you can get on the island, though not widely sold. Surprised your sense of taste hasn't been irrevocably damaged though, Will, being a Cruzcampo fan! It's vile stuff.

Posted by: ole ()
Date: February 03, 2006 04:01PM

Will, thanks for the tip re Reina Oro lager. I can't say I'm familiar with it ??
Is it sold on draught or just bottles. I'll look out for it next time.
I agree that a cold bottle of Dorada is quite palatable, but gotta agree with Ellis that Cruzcampo is horrid !

BTW, if you don't already, you should try drinking bottled lager over plenty of ice, and not that slushy stuff at the end of the bucket, but hard cold ice !

Ole

Date: February 03, 2006 04:10PM

Ant comments on Alhambra Reserva and Voll Damm

Posted by: Ellis Empire ()
Date: February 03, 2006 04:30PM

Ole - you can drink Reina in bottles at La Ola on PdC's strip, think it's about €3 down there. One of the best places for bottled beer variety is the Cervezeria on Playa Reducto, Arrecife, near the car showroom.
Not sure of any places where you can get Reina on draught...be interested to know if there are some on the island.

Posted by: ole ()
Date: February 03, 2006 06:05PM

One of the problems trying to comment on any particular draught beer is that it can vary from bar to bar, so it's difficult to get a consistent opinion. I know I've had Alhanbra and it wasn't too bad.
Generally I find the draught beers in Lanza too sweet, including San Miguel.
Ole

Date: February 03, 2006 06:31PM

Alhambra Reserva is bottled.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum