LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Las Costas Aparthotel
Posted by: Lanzalady ()
Date: January 29, 2006 01:54PM

Has anyone been past these apts recently. We know they are being refurbished and made into an All Exclusive Accom. and we are hoping to get in there again for Sept.

We have stayed there about 12 times and are looking forward to returning when they are finished.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Las Costas Aparthotel
Posted by: Sarah30 ()
Date: January 29, 2006 03:34PM

Passed them at Xmas 05 as stayed in Hotel San Antonio.

At present the Las Costas is like a building/bomb site!!!! Only outer walls still standing, no roofs, doubtful if they will be ready for Sept knowing Spanish workmen!!!

We have stayed here in the past also and agree, yes they were lovely.

Sarah

Posted by: Bears Travel ()
Date: February 13, 2006 02:05PM

Well that answers the question, so its a building site now it was too much too hope that such a nice place would be left alone. I suppose it will become some awfull all inclusive with hundreds of rooms.
It has been our favourite on Lanzarote for several years.
Does anyone know what has happened to the manager Pablo?

Posted by: Lanzalady ()
Date: February 14, 2006 06:52PM

We were at the Las Costas at the end of October when Pablo told us about the refurbishments. He said they would be closed until July and then reopening as an All Inclusive Accommodation. We have been going there for 13 years and we have already booked our flights again for Sept when we are hoping to return to the Las Costas.

Pablo said he will still be the manager and when we were talking to some of the staff some of them had already been told they were being kept on, especially the long term lads.

We have only ever stayed at the Las Costas and hope that the refurbishments will only improve the hotel because we don't want to go anywhere else.

Posted by: BRATINA RADO ()
Date: March 15, 2006 11:40PM

Hello! I was in Las Costas in August. It was great. In december 05 - demolition. When the adaptation will be finished??? I plan to come on Lanzarote in end of April!?

Posted by: pc1563 ()
Date: June 22, 2006 04:42PM

Hi

Went past Las Costas en route to the airport this morning and they are still having work done on them.

In fact they are still like a building site!!

Hope they will be ready in time for your visit.

Regards

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: June 23, 2006 04:48PM

Hi, i live opposite this complex and the work is progressing at quite a pace though if its a july opening i think it will be at the end of the month rather than the begining. Personaly i can't wait for completion as i'm sick of being woken at 730am everyday by the sound of cement mixers and drills.
happy holidays.

Date: July 14, 2006 08:52PM

just been over and took a look around the sight.....not a spelling mistake!
It really is a bomb site still, with no chance of a july completion.
I will post again next month to keep you up to date.

Date: August 18, 2006 09:54AM

Hi, sorry to say work is still going on and its still a bit of a mess. i'm no expert at these things but i'll be amazed if its finished for september 14th.
If i was you i'd get in touch with your tour operator and find an alternative hotel.
I'll keep you informed.

Date: August 28, 2006 07:07PM

Hi, as i said a few days ago the site still looks a mess and to say it will be open for lanzalady on the 14th sept is a bit optimistic in the extreme, however an october opening should be realistic. remember though i'm no expert and may be wrong on both counts. It actually looks as though most of the main building work is nearing completion as they have just about completed the building of the new reception area though it looks from the outside as if fitting out and decoration have yet to be started.

Date: September 01, 2006 12:35PM

Funny thing happened yesterday. I was walking past Las Costas and noticed the new signage on the front. In silver lettering was the hotel name followed by four large siver stars! Now i'm sure someone will be putting me right here but don't you have to be inspected by the governing bodies or some sort of tourist agency to be awarded a star rating? Incidently the place is still a total building site with nothing looking completed. Just got up this morning and noticed a large yellow plastic bag drapped over the stars......wonder why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2006 06:20PM by biffa.

Date: September 06, 2006 01:35PM

Hi Lanzalady, your weekly update......... This hotel will NOT be finished for the 14th of September i guarantee it! I spoke to Gareth in blythes (wallys) the other night and he said he'd heard that they were targeting the 1st of October to open. Personally i think even that is being optimistic. I certainly wouldn't listen to anyone from the hotel as they either don't want to refund in case of a miracle opening or they are planning on opening a small section of the complex early, in which case your holiday will be spent listening to cement mixers, stihl saws and drills. Take my advise and book another hotel!

Date: September 08, 2006 04:34PM

Will you be carrying a copy of the Sun under your arm and wearing a rose in your t-shirt lol........or dragging your case in search of a new pad !!! Either way have a great hol.

Date: September 12, 2006 09:05PM

I actually went for a walk around the whole complex yesterday and believe me when i say that its an absolute building site. Nothing, and i mean nothing, is anywhere near finished and theres no way anyone could stay on this complex. I can understand why theres no availability until November but i would say more like xmas. I wouldn't even go with your bags just find alternative accomadation straight from the airport or try ringing a hotel direct.

Date: September 13, 2006 02:28AM

WOW! thats a real result for you.....Jameos Playa, now were talking a realy nice hotel. The place is fantastic! My friends stayed there in May. I visited them obviously and can honestly say that it was the most impressed ive been with any hotel on the island ( i do know there are better ones but i ain't been so can't say with any accuracy) you'll love it! I hope you are all inclusive or half board cos the foods fantastic! Wallys is only 15 mins walk and theres a pub just next to Jameos called the Anchor which is owned by friends of mine where the food is good if your not eating in the hotel.

Date: October 01, 2006 12:48PM

update........1st of october and the work is steaming ahead in an attempt to get the place open.....word of warning though.......the other side of the complex has a great deal of work left to do and the noise and disruption are by ne means over. Don't be misled that the 'other side' of the complex is a long way off as it isn't and you will no doupt have to put up with a great deal of disruption if it doesn't get finished. If the complex is going to be opened while this work is going on then i would want assurances that the builders won't start work until after 9am as it been the crack of dawn when the mixers and stihlsaws have been struck up. Just a point that i noticed was that the pool area is really superb but the size looks to be too small to me considering the amount of apartments, got to hope that theres not too many Germans stop there as the chances of getting a sunbed look slim. Watch this space and i'll let you know how its doing closer to your holiday on the 14th.

Date: October 12, 2006 03:24PM

Hi again, well the majority of the work is complete (no more noise thank god) though there is some finishing off to be done. The complex has been open for 10 days now and is looking good. Have a great holiday and let us know what you think of the place as its handy for our friends if they visit.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum