LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
playa blanca
Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: June 01, 2006 02:42PM

Hi have been to lanzarote about 15 times and i love it, however i normally go to p d carmen but this year someone has very generously given us a villa in playa blanca. i do know that this is a good thing but i'm worried that it will be a bit too quiet! i have a son of 15 and he loves snorkelling at playa chica in pdc, shopping and the amusement arcades air hockey etc, also there is 8 of us going altogether for 11 days and we do like to have a nice meal with wine and a few drinks in a bar with some music. so is playa blanca very quiet and if we wanted to go to carmen for night roughly how much would a taxi be? all replies most appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: playa blanca
Posted by: Will ()
Date: June 02, 2006 10:42AM

To be fair you will never go back to Chav City sorry I meant PDC.
If you're desperate to go back Taxi from PB to strip in PDC should be around 30E.
Personally wouldn't bother with the restaurants on PDC either!! The ones in the old town are the best in PDC but they are only as good, but certainly not better than say Romantica, Casa Pedro and Aromas to name but three in PB. Or head up to Femes in the mountains.

If you are intent on a night out in PDC - suggest meal at Bodega in Uga, also if you are a fan the smoked salmon you can buy at the ahummedaria opposite is excellent.

There are a couple of amusement arcades full of trailer trash if thats your thing but the new marina has superb diving and choice of beaches. Get out to the papagayo too.

Right that should sort you out!

Date: June 02, 2006 04:52PM

thanks will and janeh

this all sounds fantastic! beloved son is not one for sitting still and enjoying the moment whereas his mother is! i have actually not been to lanzarote since last april and normally only get away for a week so 11 nights is just great for me as long as i can keep the tasmanian devil entertained! have been to papagayo and loved it - i was very brave one year, hired a car and drove everywhere including Orzola which i loved, some of the roads in the mountains were a bit hairy though! haven't been to jameos del agua though - would you reccomend a visit? anyway thanks so much for your help am really looking forward to holiday now, which is only 2 weeks away on thursday

Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 02:02PM

to answer your question factually annmoo, yes playa blanca is very quiet.and will, thousands of us love pdc and we are not chavs.

Date: June 07, 2006 04:37PM

Really Trev?!!

Not even chavs reckon they really are chavs!!

Date: June 08, 2006 12:34AM

see now you're stressing me out all over again, i thought i was going to have a fab holiday and i'm worried it's going to be quiet; please someone tell me it's not!! i've read other comments that say the place closes down at 10.30pm i'll cry if that happens!!

Date: June 08, 2006 09:58AM

Whats wrong with quiet???

What do you mean by quiet? The beaches will be busy, most of the bars packed.

YOu won't have marauding young groups marauding the main streets after dark if that is what you're missing.

YOu get the best of both worlds in PB - you can zoom of to PDC for a night on the tiles and be back in PB to sleep it off!

Date: June 08, 2006 02:15PM

no i don't want marauding groups but i do love people watching so i just like somewhere that has a bit of a buzz about it - if i wanted really quiet then i'd just pop down to donegal, only 15 mins away from me and has the most amazing deserted white sandy beaches and i live in a fairly quiet area myself so i like to have a bit of life when i go away! and i do really like PDC and never found it too over the top and busy - even the PR people are friendly which is more than i can say for places like mallorca and gran canaria.

Date: June 08, 2006 04:52PM

No PR people which in my view is great! You can people watch to your hearts delight in PB. Much nicer promenade to view as well.

Date: June 08, 2006 10:26PM

pastinaca just read your post and am very excited now think i will snorkel too! where is the flamingo beach is it in the village of playa blanca or on through it? and does the stingray appear every evening? what sort of time?

Date: June 09, 2006 03:14PM

I did PADI beginner at one of the dive schools near the new marina in Playa Blanca. All we did was grope our way round the jetty but was superb. 50E or so for an hour. Only went down 10 metres but could have been at the bottom of the ocean.

Date: June 09, 2006 09:37PM

i don't really see it as having him out of my hair - more making sure we both enjoy the holiday!! on another note does anybody know of any nice boat trips we can do with a small group. we went on a lovely one in gran canaria just 10 people on a boat with dolphin spotting and snorkeling(?spelling) included lasted about 6 hours. i jsut can't wait to go now work is just a BIG incovenience albeit it does actually allow me to pay for lovely holidays! this new marina sounds lovely

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: August 09, 2006 10:41AM

Oh I don't know!

Much prefer to see a family supporting their local side than a bunch of glory hunting Utd or Chelski fans!

Date: August 10, 2006 02:05AM

i'm not denying PB is lovely and beaches at papagayo are lovely too but it was soooo quiet in june, i really like PDC in oct weather is always great and the resort is not too busy; each to their own i guess

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum