LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Gym in PDC
Posted by: craigken2003 ()
Date: June 01, 2006 08:30PM

Is their a gym in PDC, if so where is it and can anyone go, or do you hav to join?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gym in PDC
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: June 02, 2006 12:45AM

The is quite a few gym's in PDC.
Some are in the larger hotels and I believe anyone can use them.

There are also two gyms in the old town. One is at the crossroads near to the taxi rank - under the commercial centre and the other is a few doors away from the Irish harbour bar. You can just pay and use them so no need to join.

Posted by: marco971 ()
Date: June 03, 2006 06:48PM

Old Town in PDC, try this:calle Teide, the gym's gate is on the right side (with the sea on the left), 50 meters after the irish pub "pat & mai", between the Six Nations Bar and the Residence Aquarius.

Date: June 03, 2006 07:32PM

Didn't realise the Irish Harbour Bar had changed it's name Marc.......just shows how often I go into PDC

Date: June 03, 2006 10:24PM

hey lynne, no, maybe it's the same pub, so maybe i'm in mistake...the pub I say it's in the corner of Calle Teide, before the old Victoria Inn Pub (now restaurant). But, the Irish harbour, isn't the pub (few meters after) in front of the supermarket (supermercado marcelo)?

Date: June 04, 2006 02:49PM

Hi Marc,

This is how I understand it but I'm not 101% sure so will stand corrected.

The Irish Harbour Bar on the corner of Calle Teide - little bar, bench seats outside etc. Owned by Pat & Mai...been there years.
Proposed road improvements including a small roundabout would force the Irish Harbour to be knocked down. Pat & Mai bought the larger bar in Roque Nublo (sort of diaginally opposite, next to supermarket) complete refurb, now called St Patrick's Well.
As road improvements haven't happened yet (so what's new !!!) Pat & Mai own and run both bars (I think).

This next bit I'm not too sure about :
The bar opposite the supermarket was called Leneghans, then Mulligans and I believe now has new owners but don't know what it is called.

Anyone know any different as I don't profess to be an expert on bars in PDC....can't remember the last time i was in one of them, if ever!

Date: June 05, 2006 08:52AM

hi lynne,
perfect,pat &mai have also the s.patrick's well, next to supermercado marcelo in c.roque nublo.when you came downhill, you have calle teide on the right;if you turn right on c. teide, you have st. patrick's well on the back, on the right (the corner)you have the bar that I call "pat&mai", but it's a my mistake, maybe (sure) that the right name it's irish harbour as you say.Now you also remember me the right name of the opposite bar (in front of supermarket), that is mulligan, you're right .
sorry if I cannot explain and understand well (I'm not british).Really could happen road improvements and knock down the bar?
yes,the roque nublo street needs to be improved, enlarged, it's very "slim" in that point....

Date: June 05, 2006 11:36PM

No problems Marco.

I am presuming by your name that you are Spanish/Canarian or Italian. Can I just say that your english explaination is 300% better than I could manage in Spanish.

Well Done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2006 11:36PM by Lynne.

Date: June 06, 2006 08:50AM

hey Lynne, you're right,one more time!Yes,I'm from Italy but often(every time I can)I come in Lanzarote...smiling smiley

Date: June 06, 2006 06:02PM

Ciao Marco

<<< Can I just say that your english explaination is 300% better than I could manage in Spanish. >>>>>

And 500% better than Italian .............

Lynne

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum