LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Have they cleared Playa Flamingo Beach yet?
Posted by: chellie ()
Date: June 19, 2006 10:57AM

Hi all

I have booked to stay at the Playa Flamingo apartments in PB later in the summer. Shortly after booking I found out from this site that there had been a storm which caused damage to the beach right in front of the apartments. I wondered if anyone knew if this had all been cleared yet?

I know that there are some lovely beaches in and around Playa Blanca but I chose Playa Flamingo aprtments because I have a 2 year old boy and wanted to be right on the beach for convenience. If the beach is not cleared by the time I go I am considering getting the tour operator to move me to another hotel.

Any updates would be great.

Thanks

Chellie
xxxxxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have they cleared Playa Flamingo Beach yet?
Posted by: Will ()
Date: June 19, 2006 11:15AM

I'd probably try and get them to move you to one of the hotels nearer the Dorada beach. I'm out there on Thurs so will have a look. Never really go to Flamingo as too small tho.

Think they have replaced some sand but because break water is damaged sand is being washed away.

Celty prob has better answer.

Date: June 19, 2006 06:38PM

Thanks for your help Will.

If the beach is damaged then I will get them to move us.

Ta

M

Date: June 21, 2006 11:38AM

Thanks Pastinaca

I only chose Flamingo Beach Apts becuase they lead out onto a safe beach with clam shallow waters for my two year old. I do not want to have to travel to and from the beach each day, we did that last year and agreed we wanted a breachfront location this year. We are not really pool people and like the sea and sand.

I contacted Thomson who said they knew nothing about storm damage to the beach. I offered to show them pictures and info from local papers and they gave me a number to ring. I will see what they have to say about it.

I am not going till september so the breakwater may be fixed by then.

I'll be interested to see what Thomsons say about all this.

Thanks for your help.

Chellie

Date: June 28, 2006 07:57PM

I called Thomson and they said the beach had been fixed and that they are getting no more customer complaints about it. They said the sunbeds have been put back out and it is business as usual.

It will cost £35.00 per person to move to another hotel. Not sure what to do as information from this site suggestes that the wave breakers have not been restored.

I'll sleep on it before making a decision.

Tyanks for your help

Chellie

Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: July 04, 2006 02:32PM

Hi just home from playa blanca, flamingo beach is perfect if u have small children, no good for swimming or snorkelling. the beach is now quite small and doesn't get deep, some of the beach is a bit rocky but if i had young children i'd be taking them there!

Date: July 05, 2006 05:34PM

Thanks Annmoo

My little boy is only 2 and so we want sand and nice shallow waters so I am pease that it has all been sorted out. I won't need to go to the expense of changing aprtments after all.

Ta

Chellie

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum