LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
playa blanca vs pdc
Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: July 04, 2006 03:04PM

hi all

just back from 11 days in PB and although i did enjoy my holiday as i love lanzarote (this is my 8th year visiting lanz about twice a year sometimes 4 times!) i have to say i much prefer PDC. PB was sooo quiet, food in romantica lovely, gorgeous sea food restaurant right down near hotel natura palace well worth the walk the best canarian potatoes ever, also the seafood pizza in LA rustica - just heaven, however there was no life at all about PB even the atmosphere in the restaurants was subdued, the whole front was closed down by about 11pm, don't drink in the red lion horrible place, i went to PDC quite a few times during my holiday and had great fun, lovely food and a bit of life as i'm not ready to retire just yet even my 15 year old son said he found it very quiet - so in conclusion if you want peace, quiet and early bed choose playa blance - if you want nice food, good service,nice beaches and a bit of life then PDC! i'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks! PS only 3 mnths till i go back!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: playa blanca vs pdc
Posted by: Will ()
Date: July 04, 2006 04:28PM

Ooh dear can of worms opening time!!

Well I was in PB last weekend and must admit have never seen it quieter.

Don't see why everything being closed down at 11pm being a prob!!!
Normally will have eaten had a few drinks then rock back to the villa to make our own entertainment.

Got the cabs into PDC - normally no point in arriving there b4 11pm and then got cabs back to PB at 5am.

Beaches - Don't like the PDC beach at all. Much prefer Dorada or Papagayo or head north to Arrieta or Orzola.

I don't understand why you say PDC for nice food and service?!! In my experience there is nowhere better than average in PDC. PB better but many restaurants in the outlying towns and villages far superior!!!

Plus as considerably younger than both you and Pete disagree that PB is just for oldies who want to go to bed early! Normally go with a decent crowd so to be fair do most of our drinking at home anyway - don't want have to put up with the sh*te DJs or some alcoholic crooner banging out summer of 69 for the trillionth time.

Anyway everyone has very different views!! What I spose it comes down to is PB has the benefit of hindsight with its planning, is cleaner, smaller in my view nicer!!!

Shoot me down now people!!

Actually if money was no object my preferred place would be either one of the million quid detached villas up the Montana roja in PB or in Las Brenas just below Femes.

Date: July 04, 2006 05:27PM

But you are an oldie!!

And to be fair am Romantica is not the sort of place I would go specifically to hang out!!

Superb Chateaubriand last THursday tho!! COuldn't beleive it 12Euros each!

Date: July 04, 2006 05:44PM

Hmmm but in the early hours I have a well stocked bar and my own choice of tunes back at the villa.

Arrieta beach is mainly for swimming - bit of surfing goes on at the far end. Not a surfing type. Been held up by broken down camper vans heading out to the West COuntry far too many times!!!

Date: July 05, 2006 09:45AM

We'll just have to agree to differ Alan!!! In my opinion the "beach" is just a strip of sand and when the wind gets up, offers free epidermal scrubs, none of the restaurants are better than middling. You should get out and try other places!

When you have the papagayo on your doorstep very few other beaches in the world measure up.

May I suggest this as a compromise - as PDC is so big and has all the amenities people may want they are loathe to leave as you get into a comfort zone? PB being much smaller encourages you to explore the island more?

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: July 05, 2006 02:21PM

My man & I are moving there in September. We're staying in PDC for a couple of months with a friend whilst we seek out a more permanent home on the island. My fella has been many times - but this will be my first. We're so excited - and cannot wait to get out there and explore, away from the busy areas... and then party in PDC at night.
Eek... can I be there now?!?!?!?!

Elle xxx

Date: July 05, 2006 05:36PM

differences of opinon are good, otherwise we'd all end up in the same place! what i like about pdc is the old town and playa chica then if you want a bit of madness you can venture down towards the new town; my favourite times to go are apr-jun and oct-nov. the amount of building in playa blanca is quite horrible and there seems to be concrete shells everywhere, my favourite aprtment complex in pdc is las tabaybas, very handy for everything but very quiet and lovely view of the sea (if anyone knows of one going cheap just let me know!!). my favourite way of spending an evening is at the cafe/restaurant at playa chica eating a plate of fish drinking red wine and watching the sun going down. in fact i want to be there right now! any volunteers to join me!

Date: July 06, 2006 10:17AM

well just take a few valium and you'll get over it - maybe it's hormonal

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum