LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Timanfaya
Posted by: lottie ()
Date: July 13, 2006 08:24PM

Hi, Can anyone give me a rough idea how much the trip to Timanfaya,camel rides etc are please & the glass bottom boat trip( girls want to go dolphin spotting!) I've read on this site to book with the local 'last minute' place so thanks for that too.

Cheers, Lottie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Timanfaya
Date: July 13, 2006 11:52PM

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, all really helpful. Roll on Sunday!! With all this help I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers, Lottie.

Posted by: annmoo ()
Date: July 14, 2006 12:08AM

i agree definitely go for the car hire option, i was very nervous at the start but then got into the swing of it and was quite happy toodling(?) about and fun of discovering random places is just great! i wish i was going back on sunday sad smiley i'll have to wait until october i think..... or maybe i'll find a flight so cheap it'd rude not to go!

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: July 14, 2006 02:33AM

you can hire a corsa or polo from plus car for around 115 euros per week (about 80 quid) so go do the whole tour, you'll not regret it, and save a fortune . Oh and petrol is only 90 cents per litre(60p) or less.

Posted by: marco971 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 10:15AM

for car hire: www.autoreisen.es (also in english),I use this every time,good prices.Of course,ask 4 a car with aircon.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 12:03PM

£25 a day?!!!! Jeez seamer - chauffer driven merc?!!!!

For a week via holiday autos or auto reisen should get under £10 a day - for cheapest car. No point gettining anything smart - the locals will bang their door against yours, bump you when parking etc...

Auto Reisen wins just for me as you can pick up car from arrivals lounge whereas you have to go outside for holiday autos.

Date: July 14, 2006 02:03PM

Well car hire is looking like a definite must do! Wheres the best place to book just a smallish car for 4 of us. Do I need to book in advance, not sure I'm going to be that organised. Also do we need to up thr insurance do most places still only include the basics? Sorry for all the questions but you've all been so helpful..........

Thanks, Lottie.

Date: July 14, 2006 02:07PM

Err book on line!! Just do a websearch on auto reisen or holiday autos.

Not sure why you would want to up the insurance? Certainly don't pay damage waiver all that stuff like you would over here. Might as well just hand over wedge of cash to car co.

Hire cars in Lanza are treated completely differently than over here.

The immortal lines "Its only a rental..."

Just make sure you have adequate personal travel insurance and an ehic card - again google it.

Booking in advance will save you money and guarantee availibility.

Date: July 18, 2006 09:48AM

I always book the cheapest car. 99% times comes with aircon anyway. If you want 4 doors and guaranteed aircon go for it.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum