LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
October or November ??
Posted by: danny316 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 02:11PM

Hello folks,
I'm nota newby, and used to post quite a bit on here before it became an exclusive to members only posting,
I've been to Lanza (PDC) 3 times and comfortably know my way around etc etc. I'd like to come over again this year a am after some advice on weather to coem over early October (first two weeks) or late November (last two weeks), can anybody tell me, if there's a big difference in the weather/nightlife in PDC between the two dates ??

Thanks
Danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: October or November ??
Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:24PM

not that much difference in nightlife,but slightly cooler and chance of more rain in november

Date: August 03, 2006 04:15PM

Thanks to everyone for the advice,

Now if I may just pick your brains, I fancy staying at either the La Penita, Lomo Blanco or Cinco Plaza apartments, does anyone have any reasons why one stands out above the others ?? I believe they are all in good locations

I've previously stayed in the Atlantos Las Lomas, Morromar and Corona Mar, and was happy enough with those.

Thanks
Danny

Posted by: Jaycee ()
Date: September 10, 2006 04:53PM

We go in October every year weather mostly good you can still top the tan but you can also get some amazing storm, does anyone remember October 2005 brilliant lightening storm, have a good un

Cheers Jaycee

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 10, 2006 06:35PM

I'd stay away from La Penita. The complex has been split into two sections with one being for tourists and the other residential. The residential section, although divided by a road from the tourist side, is full of morocan families who have made the place look like a slum with dirty facades and rubbish lying around the place and also the inevitable increase in crime and noise levels at night. I personally would go for Lomo Blanco, its in a nice area only 5 mins walk from the main beach ( very hilly though) and is very quiet, i believe it gets a large amount of guest from Ireland so the atmosphere and the craik is good. Can't comment about Cinco Plaza as ive never been there .

Date: September 20, 2006 12:50PM

Thanks for all the replies, I am on my way over second week in October for 7 days, can't wait !
Just hope the weather stays good !

Thanks again for the replies,
much appreciated
Danny

Date: October 03, 2006 01:21PM

9 days to go and counting, what's teh weather like over there at the moment ?,
Hope there's no storms forecast !

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 04, 2006 11:16AM

It absolutely gorgeous here at the moment. I´m still in novelty mode... so loving it... but a lot of the locals are begging for it to cool down. 26 degrees in Playa Blanca at 9am today!

Haven´t heard of any storms being forecast... hmmm... I´d best keep quiet - I remember Michael Fish in the late 80´s! ;-)

Have a great holiday!

Date: October 04, 2006 03:45PM

Thanks Elle, lets hope it keeps up !
What's it like at night, is the tempearture dropping yet or is it still shorts t-shirts ?

Thanks
Danny

Date: October 05, 2006 01:39PM

It gets a little windy in the early evening... but it's quite refreshing and nice. That wind drops around 8:30 - 9pm... leaving it just nice! Shorts and T-shirts will be fins for the evenings. We're only using a sheet as bed covering... and that is being kicked off within half an hour.

A bit cloudy today in PDC... but still warm. Still need your sunblock though.

Date: October 05, 2006 04:39PM

Thanks everyone, a week today and I should just be getting ready for take off !

Date: October 08, 2006 02:49PM

Ha ha ha ha! Not that anyone's bitter!

The last couple of days have been really windy... but it's back to normal again today. Am feeling a little cooler in the evenings now though. Not that I'm complaining!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum