LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Argos ???
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: August 31, 2006 11:30PM

Hi

I am new to the site and have been reading all the old posts looking for items of interest as I have just become a holiday home owner, there is lots of really useful things and I was suprised to see a mention of Argos, Is there an Argos store on the Island and does it work the same as the UK with lots of items to take away with you and larger items for delivery.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Argos ???
Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 01, 2006 02:21AM

No! Theres no argos here on the island. There is a courier/haulier based in Tias i believe who will take an order from the argos catalogue and deliver it to you on the island on the return leg of his many jaunts back top the Uk. I think he has an ad in the Gazette.

Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: September 01, 2006 01:29PM

Thanks for that, I thought I might be expecting too much to find an Argos there but when I discovered Ikea was there I got a bit over excited. Never mind, have Tesco's arrived yet, if not it wont be long, Tesco's are taking over the World and from next week they are doing Tesco Direct which will have everything like Argos but deliver the next day, can't wait. Tesco Clubcard points will be financing most of my flights over the coming trips, as you can guess, I am a big Tesco fan as I love to get something for nothing,...

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:43PM

Hope you were joking about Tescos!!!

Similar to Ryanair/Easyjet - canaries doesn't fit their business plan so Tesco free zone for some time to come.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 22, 2006 10:27PM

Yes Biffa. It's Karen and Colin at C&K Haulage. Lovely couple! Have spoken to them a number of times now. They're some kind of agent for Argos. You choose from the catalogue... pay catalogue prices plus 25% fee that covers all your taxes and stuff like that. 28 days later... and your delivery is here. Easy eh?! You would need to get a separate quote for any large items such as furniture. But we're popping over to Karen in the next week or so to order a desk for the PC. I don't have their contact details to hand... but I'll post them in a day or two.

Hugs, as always, Elle xxx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 23, 2006 11:16AM

But Argos stuff is sh*t!!! Someone want to give me one good reason why you would want to bus over a load of stuff to Lanza never mind the UK?

Plus its way overpriced - before they add on the extra 25%.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 24, 2006 08:34PM

It's not my shop of choice, Will. But I need a cheap computer desk... and haven't seen a better deal here on the island.

Elle xx

Note to Elle: Make sure you serve vino to Will in Argos glasses. Oh and get a new suite for the garden so he can sit on Argos chairs, at an Argos table, whilst eating food served on Argos plates... Just so you can laugh at the irony! Ha ha ha ha... perhaps not!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum