LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
HELP !!!!!! Costa Teguise
Posted by: helen07 ()
Date: September 20, 2006 08:19PM

Hello, I have read lots of great reviews from this forum, and need you help please?

We are going to Teguisol over christmas time and wondered what it was like?

Its my sons first memerable time (he is 9) and wondered if the kids club will operate as the summer brochure says it does not, also whats the weather like?

Also didnt realise when booked it says not suitable for visitors with mobility problems - my mom is coming and uses a walking stick following a new knee? will she be ok?

Thanks to everyone who replies also pictures please -- I'm really excited and can't wait!!!!!

Helen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2006 09:59PM by helen07.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP !!!!!! Costa Teguise
Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 22, 2006 03:57PM

Sorry to maybe burst your bubble but a friend of mine stopped at these apartments in the summer and the report isn't good. The apartment was pretty gruby to say the least and his wife refused to unpack until it was cleaned. I visited them and was quite impressed with the pool area though i only stopped for 30 mins and didnt get the chance to really have a good look.
I suggest you have a look at holidaysuncovered. co .uk or com and read the reports on them ....doesn't make good reading!
The complex is on the very far edge of the resort and a considerable walk is involved to the centre though there are a few bars and restaurants nearby.
The weather in December is a bit of a gamble as it can be really nice but the last couple of years has been a bit grotty.
As for your mums mobility problem i'm sure that wherever you stay, unless there are lifts, she's gonna have problems as most of the complexes are low level (2-3 floors) they havn't got lifts, maybe you should ring them and try to organise ground floor accommodation

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:13AM

To be fair bit of advanced planning and you will be fine.

Re. December - people keep knocking it but I go regularly in Nov and December and its absolutely fine. Compared with what its like at home.......

Date: September 25, 2006 11:47AM

Thanxs, Weel i hope it will be ok when we are there, i have read several bad reports although there have been more positives, so i am looking on the bright side!! - I will give them a call and see if can arrange for a ground floor appartment thanxs for the relpy

Helen

Date: September 25, 2006 01:15PM

Hi, have rang the tour operator and they are requesting ground floor appartments due to medical problems so hopefully this will be an advantage for us. THey were very pleasant and very helpfull as well.

Thank for the advice

Helen

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 02:28PM

Might want to tell them you have heard really bad reports of the cleanliness etc of apartments and say you will be taking digital photos on your arrival - to post on websites to dissuade other travellers etc

That might get Thomson to put in a few calls to the apartments etc.....

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum