LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
The demise of Playa Dorada.
Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 27, 2006 01:31AM

Ive just spent the day on the beach (playa Dorada) for the first time since the storms of last December. The weather was fantastic, blue skies, gentle breeze and a beach full of locals and holiday makers soaking up the sun, THEN>>>>>>>>>>> a series of bloody great waves that took the first line of bathers totally out including bags filled with cameras , mobiles and no doubt other items of value, What the ???? is going on? This beach was always such a calm gradual tide that trickled up the beach and was so safe. The sea wall that was so damaged during the storm (or artificial reef) has obviously been the cause of this. When, does anyone know, will the local ayuntamiento (Yaiza) do anything about this? It beggars belief that almost 10 months on they are still dragging their heels and sipping their coffee and totally ignoring this.
The island has an abundance of lava rock just waiting to be dumped in the right place, but i suppose its easier to replace the sand every year, and probably a lot more lucrative for the contractor and his family on the council ( i'm so cynical of these people its startin to scare me).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The demise of Playa Dorada.
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 10:34AM

Do you mean Dorada or Flamingo?

No probs when I've been to Dorada recently.

Date: September 27, 2006 07:34PM

I mean Dorada will. The sea wall is in such a state that the rule of diffraction no longer applies and any swell can, and is, causing an awful lot of damage to the beach.

Date: September 28, 2006 09:43AM

No ferries to blame this time, the tide was hammering the beach for around an hour.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 12:23PM

The wave from the ferry does that - about 20 mins after its docked you get a good 30 mins of waves - check next time you are there.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum