LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Wedding reception in Playa Blanca
Posted by: blossom ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:01PM

Can anyone recommend somewhere to have a wedding recetption in Playa Blanca next May. Has anyone got married there? THere will be approx 90 people atteding!!
Any help much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wedding reception in Playa Blanca
Date: September 28, 2006 10:16AM

1st of all Angie i had a wedding venue picked and they are now telling me that they might not be able to do it. And 2nd i have inlisted the help of a wedding planner i just thought seeing as most of the people on this forum live in Lanzarote they might be able to help me out also.
Thanks for your help!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 12:50PM

Well it is common sense!

Wills guide to choosing wedding reception venue....

1) I'm assuming you are getting married on the island for a reason so there must be some special place - try asking their.

If I was was getting married on the 'grote my first preference would be Femes - just above PB. Several times a year I have seen marquees up outside the church - in between the rather phallic shaped trees. Casa Emiliano's would be up for the catering I'm sure - but not being catholic might knock that one on the head. Great views tho.

Or I would book out Bodega at Uga - we have already had dinner for 20 of us in their reception room - am sure we could take over the rest.

So after that I would be checking hotels and restaurants, ask around at all the bars and restaurants about what others have done.

To be fair I'm a traditional type and will be doing it in the UK - next September b4 you ask!!

However if I ever have to do it again Lanza would be on the menu - but for me - Lanza is for holiday not for weddings! Just too much to go wrong and feel bit difficult asking my mates to pay £300 plus to come out.

Where have you got provisionally book by the way?

Date: September 28, 2006 01:27PM

Thanks for all you help Will, much appreciated! I don't feel bad asking people to come out as we have given them 1.5 years notice so most people are taking it as their yearly holiday - and for people who can't make it we are having a small get together when we get home.
Thanks again for your tips we should be going out in the near future so we will look into the venues you suggested.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: September 29, 2006 09:53AM

Nope!! Tho looking back dropping to one knee by the fish counter would have been a good idea! Could have given her a squid ring!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum