Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Arrecife Marathon
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: November 11, 2006 02:41PM

The marathon takes place on Dec 3rd in and around Arrecife.

There is added interest this year as one of the members here is running the 10k and is looking for sponsors for Sara Animal Shelter. Jo (aka Jojim) is a marvellous lady as she only started running 18 months ago and she is 74 years young !!!!

I am trying to get as many sponsors as possible for her but unfortunately I was called away from the island 4 weeks ago and I have been unable to work at this as much as I would have liked. All I can do is contact people by Email but it is not the same.

If any of you would like to sponsor Jo you can send me a private message and I will give you further details. Even if you are viewing this frnm the UK you can still sponsor and send a British cheque to Sara.

Please give her, and Sara, your support as she has put a lot of effort into it. 10k at 74 is amazing.......I would be kn.......ed after 1k even at my age.

Regards

Lynne

Re: Arrecife Marathon
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 11, 2006 09:03PM

Hi JoJim

The Gazette has it as saraprotectora@hotmail.com Hope that helps!

Elle xx

Date: November 12, 2006 12:17AM

The address for any cheques for JoJim is :

Asociacion Protectora de Animales y Plantas,
Aptdo. de correos 566
E-35500 Arrecife
Lanzarote

Please make cheques payable to SARA Protectora de Animales
enclose a covering letter and mark the envelope for my attention (Lynne)

There is another Email address to the one Elle has given you. I set this one up solely for English Emails and it is sarashelter@hotmail.com and it comes directly to me.

Lynne

Date: November 30, 2006 03:38AM

I'm trying to get a message to Jojim this is just in case she pays us a visit in between training sessions.

Your special T shirt is ready for you Jojim. Please phone Kiboko Press on 928 591518. (Little advert for them as they very kindly helped us out with the printing)

Don't forget folks if you are at a loose end on Sunday, pop down and cheer her on in the marathon. She is expected to cross the finishing line around 11.15 am which is near to the Cabildo on the front at Arrecife.

Lynne

Date: November 30, 2006 01:12PM

Cyfrin

I'm in the UK at the moment, been here for 7 weeks so can't access the bank account to check. Someone else has been dealing with the British mail whilst I'm away.It will be the first thing I do when I return in January. If you want to send me an email on sarashelter@hotmail.com I will have your details so we can discuss this. I'll need to know the amount and when you sent it to make it easier to check the statements.

Thanks
Lynne

Date: November 30, 2006 11:35PM

We've only got 3 days to go now guys, until JoJim puts most of us to shame... and goes running.

Please join me in supporting her here!

Also... if you're in Playa Blanca over the next couple of days... Pop into Angie's place (Montana Villas & Pools) and donate whatever you can. Money, pet food, items for the Boot Sale. Angie... I can drop it down to S.A.R.A. if you're tied up. I'm heading that way early next week.

It all helps the doggies (yes, I know it also helps those evil creatures that you lot call cats... but I'm not a cat-lover lol).

3 days to go!!! Go JoJim!!!

Date: December 02, 2006 12:51PM

GOOD LUCK JOJIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 02, 2006 01:36PM

I can't make it down there tomorrow, as we've got some stuff going on tomorrow. But I'll still be cheering here!

Angie. if you go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account - you can post your photos in there. Then you can post the URL into a message in here. Give me a yell if you need any help - I've been using it for years.

Go go JoJim!!!

Date: December 03, 2006 07:13PM

Anyone know how Jojim got on???

Did she finish ok?

Lynne

Date: December 04, 2006 05:20PM

Well Done Jojim !!!!!!!!!!!

So come on folks, let's get some money flowing in.

Jojim was so good in training and making the effort for the abandoned or abused animals, now let's reward her efforts and make the total sponsorship as high as we can.

Many thanks from the 350 animals currently residing in our Tahiche shelter.

Lynne, on behalf of SARA Protectora de Animales

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum